Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI) is a non-government organization focusing on the role of communication to impact health and social behaviour, build brands and lead in technical guidance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Utako, Abuja
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: Three (3) Months Consultancy – may be extended.
- The Procurement Assistant will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as not to bring disrepute to the organisation.
- This individual must have had appreciable experience in the not-for-profit industry and can manage donor funded procurements.
- To actively work with the Procurement Team in implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the purchase of goods and services in order to effectively meet the business needs.
- Assist in the coordination of all office and project procurement in a compliant manner (i.e. Quotations, Vendor Selection, LPOs, Delivery Inspection/Confirmation and Payment request)
- Ensure effective feedback to a requestor/staff on their purchase request/orders and provide the delivery timeline.
- Monitor and track all outgoing stocks/materials in the office store.
- Update Vendor Master List
- Identify assets during the course of procurement and notify the Asset Controller on receipts of assets.
- Interact with vendors during collection of quotations while ensuring fair competition and strict adherence to organisations procurement rules.
- Follow up with delivery and goods/service receipt as required.
- Follow up on all vendors’ invoices and payment for goods and services with finance department.
- Must conduct frequent market surveys to update the Database for Prices, Vendors and Suppliers
- Must comply and ensure adherence to established procurement policies, processes and procedures with ethical practice within and outside the Organization.
- Verification of all goods received in accordance with the purchase Order, delivery note and agreed quantity.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant,Purchasing Officeror similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Prior experience of procurement role in the not-for-profit industry
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills
- Desirable Requirements
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applicants are advised to ensure that the email address(es) and telephone number(s) provided on their documents are current and functional.
- CCSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that passionately looks out for her people and stakeholders. The CCSI Human Resource Policy, Code of Conduct for Protection of Children and Vulnerable Persons policy and Anti-Bribery & Corruption policy are some of the policies that govern how we work
Application Deadline 8th June, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.