Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Controller, Tea Business, Nigeria
Location: Oregun, Lagos
Job Type: Fulltime and open towards flexible solutions
Travel required: 10% or limited travel. Now limited due to CV19 restrictions
About the Tea Business
- Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
- The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
- End to end responsibility of financial accounting, reporting and cash management in your country.
- Utilising understanding of end to end process and local book to maintain strong internal controls
- Continuous support to build and grow the local business.
- Business partnering, advising on the strategic financial decisions for your local market and in-market trade-offs in cost & services
- Consolidation of the financial results
- Responsible for engagement with the service providers for statutory accounting and tax
- Ensure adherence to accounting and financial policies and procedures of TeaCo
- Ensure delivery of medium to long term profit forecasts, budgeting, and financial reporting
- The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
- As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
Your Key Tasks
- The individual has a natural bias for action and is willing to make a positive difference to achieve higher levels of performance.
- Takes direct ownership of objectives with high levels of self-assurance to achieve goals.
- Bringing powerful analysis to issues and rapidly absorbing new information and knowledge to apply new techniques, technology, and procedures.
- Impactful and flexible in communicating and influencing the issues with the ability to work across matrices of functions.
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
- Reports into TeaCo Country Finance Business Partner
- TeaCo Operating Centre (OC)
- TeaCo Tax team
- TeaCo financial leadership
- Task horizon of >3 years
Skills and Experience Required
- A University degree in any discipline
- Good understanding of the global financial control’s framework
- Strong financial and business acumen
- A stint in corporate or external audit firm is a preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in FMCG industry
- International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) knowledge is pre-requisite
- Strong understanding of global accounting policy manual
Who we are looking for:
- Strong technical individuals with accounting background
- End to end management, ability to understand the big picture but also comfortable with details
- Able to communicate effectively, remotely and a team player
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Excited about the Role?
- Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 1st March, 2021.