Nile University of Nigeria is a Private Institution located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. The University was established in 2009 to provide high-quality tertiary education for the country’s ever-increasing number of secondary school leavers. In 2014, Nile University established its School of Postgraduate Studies.
Today, Nile University is a member of Honoris United Universities network, the first and largest Pan-African private higher education network. With over 4,000 students (undergraduate and postgraduate), 35 undergraduate programs across six faculties, and 47 postgraduate programs across five faculties.
individuals with strong personal and professional integrity to join a dynamic team within the Mass Communication Department.
To this end, suitable candidates are invited to fill the position of:
Job Title: TV Studio Technologist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
The Mass Communication Department seeks to hire a competent TV Studio Technologist that will coordinate and carry out pre- and post-production duties for the Nile TV/Radio and other television programmes. Specifically, the TV Studio Technologist will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- Identify the camera, audio, and lighting equipment needed for the production.
- Train students on editing, producing, and preparing files and recordings for on-air programming.
- Oversee setup of production equipment for the studio, control room, or filming location
- Train students in show formulation, content, and formatting.
- Provide technical support with the automated system.
- Perform routine maintenance on audio and video equipment.
- Respond to inquiries and issues and assist with actions to correct problems.
- During post-production, edit footage, dubs soundtrack, and prepare final version of the program.
- Create promotional clips using approved footage
- Operate studio equipment to help facilitate flow of programs
- Operate cameras, video recorders, lights, microphones, and computer editing software
- Operate the audio -video mixer consoles specifically Panasonic digital AV Mixer, Air mate audio and video mixing consoles, non-linear editing systems, recording equipment like the DJ-Osmo handheld gimbal, Nikon cameras and Sony, Black Magic video cameras etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or any related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Time Management skills
- Notable attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A minimum 3 years experience in radio and television broadcasting or a production studio capacity
- Membership of a certified professional body
- Adept user of Microsoft office programmes,
- Proficiency in the use of audio and video editing software like adobe audition, adobe premiere pro, after effect and final cut for post-production in iMac and Windows computers
- Ability to effectively operate the audio -video mixer consoles
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should quote appropriate reference number as the subject of the e-mail and send their current Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 10th May 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.