Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TTS Nigeria Sales Head
Job ID: 20227899
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Sales
Job Family: Sales
- The job is critical in driving cash and trade sales momentum across the GSG and Corporate client base in Nigeria, .
- The job is dependant on support from Cash and Trade Product for solutions and client coverage teams for access to clients.
- Build and leverage client relationships to grow Citi’s share of client’s TTS wallet.
- Provide customized cash & trade solutions based on an in-depth knowledge of existing product suite in order to entre nch Citi, increase share of wallet and ultimately position Citibank as strategic partner to Top Corporates & Multinationals.
- Achieve Sales Goal (WINS) for Cash and trade products: $mm
This role involves:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of TM names in order to assess the Cash & Trade wallet and identify opportunities which will translate into sales.
- Developing a focused sales strategy in order to capture share of wallet.
- Structuring and executing both standard as well as non-standard cash & trade solutions.
- Managing Cash & Trade deal pipeline, execution and support in conjunction with various RM’s.
- Provide Product Sales Expertise to the GSG and Corporate Banking Organization:
- Originate, structure, and close cash & trade deals. Take on role as deal primary, by structuring cash & trade solutions against customer opportunities sourced directly or by the Relationship Managers.
- Develop and maintain product expertise, regularly update product knowledge as appropriate.
- Grow TTS Sales in the GSG & Corporate Banking client segments.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, taking responsibility and accountability for delivering the TTS platform/product suite.
- Primary point of contact and accountability for TTS related activities for the client and the RMs
- Source new business and retain existing business to achieve TTS total revenue goals.
- Work closely with TTS product organization on prioritizing new leads and contribute as a member of the deal team as appropriate.
- Ensure the consistent, professional delivery of sales and client management disciplines including account plans covering TTS business, call reporting, lead generation and TTS relationship reviews.
- Drive overall client satisfaction with the TTS platform and build customer loyalty.
- Ongoing training and up-skilling of Sales & Coverage team on cash & trade products/solutions in order to maximize opportunity identification/solution selling capabilities.
Manage the Deal Pipeline Process from Identification through to Implementation:
- Pipeline discipline: Manage the deal pipeline process, by keeping CRM up-to-date, from identification through to implementation. Ensure TTS pipeline for Nigeria is input in CRM/Siebel and that it reflects accurately the deal status.
- Assemble the appropriate deal team.
- Work with TTS client management & Coverage to package the best solution to meet the customer’s needs.
- Champion complex deals or multi-product opportunities through the deal review process.
- Manage internal communication and pipeline update process keeping the TTS Product & Sales management, the TTS Client Manager and coverage owner informed as appropriate.
- Drive client communications including RFP’s and pitch books in coordination with Relationship Manager & Product units.
- Negotiate key terms with client/resolving issues between product and client.
- Interface with the product organization on deal pricing and coordinate cross-product pricing.
- Ensure efficient and effective transition post-mandate to the implementation team.
- Ensure lost deals are properly documented including why we lost and to which competitor.
- Coordinate inter-regional trade deals with counterparts globally.
Reflect the needs of our customers back to the Product Organization:
- Communicate opportunities in our delivery of Product solutions to clients
- Communicate opportunities in our sales positioning materials to the Product, Marketing and Training.
- Ensure efficient and effective transition post-mandate to the implementation team by completing tasks required.
- Role in the coverage team
- Role in the product organisation
- University degree. Graduate level at a minimum.
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Planning and analysis of product metrics and balance sheets
- Experience in dealing with relatively complex documentation.
- Interaction with Seniors within organization (eg CFO, Directors)
- Experience with geographically dispersed complex matrix organization is a plus.
- Individual should have 3+ years experience in cash and trade sales, product management or other relevant areas.
- Minimum 15 years post graduation experience out of which 10 years must have been in the banking industry with at least 2 years as a deputy general manager.
- Experience in delivering results and meeting financial plans
- Risk assessment/credit experience (preferred)
- Strong and demonstrated communication, influence and negotiation skills
- Excellent client interaction skills
- Recognized for his or her execution/closing skills
- Knowledge of trade products (vanilla/complex)
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Creative, innovative, dynamic, high energy levels with strong initiative
- Committed, trusted team player with the ability to interact with Relationship Managers, Unit Heads, Operational hubs, Credit Chain, EMEA coverage/sales teams.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to deliver on stretch goals.
- Multi-cultural exposure
- Team player
- Motivating team members
- Leveraging the Citigroup Network
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.