Maersk is an integrated container logistics company and member of the A.P. Moller Group. Connecting and simplifying trade to help our customers grow and thrive. With a dedicated team of over 80.000, operating in 130 countries; we go all the way to enable global trade for a growing world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Terminal Head of IT – Nigeria
- Responsible for strategic planning and directing of IT delivery within the Nigerian entities. (Apapa and Onne)
- Single point of accountability for projects and delivery streams within the cluster of terminals
- Accountable for overall development of the function, organisation and delivery capabilities
- To head the IT teams within the overall IT delivery portfolio
- Define, update and implement the country IT strategy ensuring full alignment to the global APMT Tech strategy
- Work closely with the terminal senior stakeholders to shape the business demands and define the associated technology plans / roadmaps
- Manage internal relationship, co-operate with other managers and staff on IT related issues.
- Lead and manage major terminal IT related projects.
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring budget for the relevant area
- Manage systems acquisition, evaluate new hardware and software. Manage the selection process and supplier relationships during acquisition.
- Responsible for the overall cyber-security compliance and the business continuity planning for the terminals
- Plan and test disaster recovery.
- Evaluate best practices as well as new technologies / trends and recommending changes
- Actively cooperate with the regional and global IT teams to accelerate the modernization and digitalization of the terminal tech portfolio
- Act as the first of point of escalation of IT operational issues and drive the resolution processes with the relevant support teams (internal and externals)
- Recruit, appraise, develop and manage the IT teams
- Tactically plan and manage IT on technical issues, set and monitor policies, procedures and standards.
- Manage contracts with external suppliers and any internal service agreements.
- Monitor performance and capacity issues.
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Solid IT Management experience (typically 8+ years) combined with a proven track record of Project Management in a large organisation
- Previous roles might include IT manager of a large multinational organization, Senior Project Manager, Programme Manager, Digital portfolio lead
- Knowledge of technologies / trends in the IT market .. Preferably in the terminal operations or large manufacturing industries
- Project management expertise (PMI or PRINCE II) .. Agile and Waterfall
- Change Management and Implementation
- Cost and budget management
- Ability to think strategically
- Stakeholder/relationship management
- Experienced in leading and/or working in a matrix type organization
- Results-oriented and proactive
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Contingency Planning
- Resource Planning and Management
- Project Transition to Production
- Formulation of IT Standards, Procedures, and Policies
- Solution Architecture
- Programme Management
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Sound business acumen
- Effective leadership and management of IT staff
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- ITIL, CoBIT, TOGAF … certifications would be a plus.
- As an organization with global presence, joining Maersk is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for you to work with people of diverse talents & background.
- We offer a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities spread around the globe in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte, and India.
- We value customer outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
- We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
- We offer the freedom, and responsibility, to shape the setup and the processes we use in our community
- We support continuous learning, including through conferences, workshops and meetups.
- The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
- There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network.
- As a company, we are committed to growing our people. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your professional & technical skills.
- We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward action.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.