AB InBev (International Breweries Plc) is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Specialist
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full time
- An exciting opportunities exist for highly skilled and result driven Technical Specialist in our Port Harcourt Brewery of International Breweries Plc, Nigeria reporting to the Technical Operations Manager – Infrastructure.
- The incumbent will install and maintain computer systems and networks in order to ensure smooth operations while delivering IT support using a broad range of technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General user support of all company devices and software
- Troubleshoot and provide resolutions to issues and outages
- Build an internal knowledgebase with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Support, configure, maintain and upgrade our networks and in-house servers
- Ensure the Resolved Status Service Level Agreement (SLA) is not breached by resolving tickets timeously
- Ensure that tickets are updated in line with the Process (With approval from the customer and a valid reason)
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems timeously
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities on the relevant systems
- Ensure that tickets are acknowledged before they breach the Ticket Acknowledgement SLA
- Quality Assurance Management – Ensure that a QA average of 98% is achieved on all call management assessments individually, based on ticket management quality
- Customer Experience: Excellent customer service delivered daily to avoid escalations, customer complaints and re-opening of calls
- Provide active resolution on all calls or emails logged for IT assistance within the agreed upon SLA timeframes
- Train others in computer interface or software use
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- IT Certification will be an advantage (e.g. ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in network admin, systems support or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Analysis & diagnostic investigation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.