Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Group Finance & Supply Chain Management
- Support Tax function in all ‘heads of tax’ for the Group optimizing the Group effective tax rates for both direct and indirect taxes while ensuring compliance in all territories operated in.
- Provision of timely and accurate decision support to the business with respect to Tax input as applicable to commercial transactions, intra-Group activities, acquisitions, business start-ups, etc.
- Operational Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate prepare of all monthly tax returns schedule /payments (PAYE, VAT, WHT and Income Tax etc)
- Assist in documenting and maintain appropriate policies for operating & managing all ‘heads of tax’
- Prepare and file (working with external tax advisors) annual tax returns
- Provide support on all tax audits Monthly review of all ledgers across the Group from a tax perspective and report to the Manager on possible exposures
- Update on a monthly basis log of all open tax issues (with actions and timelines for closure)
- Manage relationships with all relevant external advisors and regulators
- Estimating and Tracking Tax returns
- Organise and update the company’s Tax Database
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet tax accounts
- Ensure the timely recoverability of withholding tax certificates
- Key contributor to Business strategy, proactively advising from tax perspective
- Key contributor to continuous process improvement across the Group, identifying, advising and implement system and process improvements
- First Degree in any discipline
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Tax
- Strong appreciation of accounting and tax systems
- Professional certification in Accounting
- Tax Qualification is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th November, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.