Meta (Formerly Facebook Nigeria) – Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Over 2 billion people use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger every month to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
Facebook is defined by our unique culture – one that rewards impact. We encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. We work in small teams and move fast to develop new products, constantly iterating. The phrase “this journey is 1% finished” reminds us that we’ve only begun to fulfill our mission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer, New Product Experimentation
- The New Product Experimentation (NPE) team’s mission is to build products that matter to the world.
- We are an organization of passionate and talented builders focused on developing a pipeline of new applications and experiences that can change people’s lives and everyday experiences.
- We are looking for a Software Engineer versed in building mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms.
- You will be responsible for architecting and building applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Work closely with engineering lead and product team to build new and innovative application experiences for Android and iOS mobile platforms
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native
- Build spec-perfect, performant products across both iOS & Android mobile platforms
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms
- 5+ years professional working experience building React Native applications for Android & iOS
- Understanding of GraphQL query language and core concepts
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha
- Start up experience, creative, scrappy, high attention to detail, and extreme interest in craft
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio/IntelliJ
- Experience building natively Android
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.