Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Performance Manager (DGM Social Performance)
Job ID: Social Performance-Obajana-001
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Job type: Full time
- The Social Performance Manager shall manage the Plant’s relationship host communities and Plant’s External Relations and Social Policies.
- He shall advise DCP Plant’s management on strategies, means and methods to ensuring that her activities and operations are consistent with the Department’s management policies and framework and secure the social license to operate.
The purpose of this position is to:
- Develop, implement and maintain a consistent strategy on stakeholders engagement establishing cordial relationship with host communities and other relevant stakeholders,
- Establish processes and targets for incorporating social issues management standards into DCP Plant’s business so as to achieve business and corporate objectives.
- Ensure continual reduction of Social Risks associated with DCPs operations, to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP)
- Manage social impacts and risks to the Plant
- Plan, prepare budget, implement and maintain Community Development Projects (Corporate Social responsibility)
- Advise management at all times in handling of all issues of external contents
- Champion Social License to Operate by facilitation the acquisition of all Licenses and permits from relevant authourities and renew when due.
- Manage, direct and inspire a team of independent professionals in order to achieve Departmental goals
- Manage identification, mapping and proactive engagements with stakeholders
- Negotiate and manage Community Development Agreements (CDA) with communities. Sign off the CDA and obtain regulatory authourities’ approval and renew when due.
- Facilitate the Social Impacts and Risk assessment of the Plant and implementation of mitigating actions. Review periodically.
- Offer specialist advice on social issues management to DCP Plant’s management.
- Support the development and implementation of social issues management in line with DCP policies.
- Be responsible for the operations of key environmental issues impacts management such as Waste Management, Natural Resource Management, etc., with host Communities
- Receive and investigate incidences and grievances to identify the root causes and measures to forestall future occurrences. Maintain the grievance register.
- Shall articulate the concept of sustainable environmental, social and community development and positively engage project-affected communities in a responsible manner.
- Collaborate effectively with other Departments in the process of achieving the Department objectives.
- A Degree in Social Sciences and an MBA
- 15 Years relevant working experience
- Presentation skill
- Mentoring / coaching skill
- Self awareness
- Negotiation skill
- Non-discriminatory behavior
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strategic decision making skill
- Innovation and creativity
- Project management skill
- Team work
- Budget development & implementation skill
- Active listening
- Stakeholder engagement skill (internal and external stakeholders)
- Professional integrity
- Influencing others
- Resilience and effectiveness
- Conflict management skill
- Change management skill
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.