ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services.
We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Fulfillment Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
Function: Service Delivery & Support
Reporting to: Team Lead, Network Core & Service Delivery
Travel Frequency: Occassional
Purpose of the Job
- Reporting to the Team Lead West, Network Core & Service Delivery, the Service Fulfilment Engineer is responsible for deploying carrier grade and reliable network infrastructure and services for ipNX enterprise customers in accordance with set SLAs.
- He will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities required to fulfil and support network services to enterprise customers. These include the management of existing and development of new network infrastructure and systems, as well as overseeing system & network administration tasks.
- He will also act as the 2nd level contact for customer faults relating to network connectivity & systems by taking ownership of reported customer issues and seeing these problems through to resolution.
- Your key support responsibility includes researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, identifying and implementing solutions to resolve all network connectivity & system issues.
- He is equally tasked with ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and operational excellence during all levels of engagements with customers – including pre-sales support, service delivery (installation & configuration) as well as support calls or visits.
- In addition to the above, he is also required to provide routine in-house training and mentoring for lower level staff and other units where required.
Expected Key Results
- Install, configure, optimize and maintain network connectivity infrastructure & systems for the ipNX Network as well as for enterprise customers as per agreed set standards and SLAs.
- Safeguard performance, capacity, availability (>99.9%) and quality of the ipNX network by monitoring emerging incidents and initiating preventive actions.
- Recommend areas of improvements, product enhancements incl. new platforms, features and services that meets present and future needs of the voice communications business.Offer pre-sales support and provide accompanying proposals and design documents with the most optimal and cost effective solutions that meets the business objectives.
- Asset Management
- B.Sc Computer Science / Computer Engineering / IT Related Disciplines (2.1/Upper Credit Minimum).
- Understanding of Communications Networks. Cisco network certification is required.
- A good grasp of Wireline & Wireless Installations (Fibre & Ethernet Cabling, IP Planning, RF Planning, Network Design, Installation and Maintenance)
- High degree of Microsoft Office Suite competence [Bonus: Visio, MS Project]
- Fluent English
- Exemplary Communication Skills [Face to Face and over the telephone]; Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- At least 1 year experience within the telecoms space as a Network/Communications Engineer
- Practical Experience with Network Connectivity Devices (Routers & Switches)
- Experience with LAN/WAN Network Design and Configuration
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite [including MS Project &Visio].
- A good understanding of computer networks as well as some aspects of project management (Cisco Certification | PMP is a bonus)
- A good grasp of technical (wireless & wireline) installations and willingness to learn more
- Customer Focused
- Hardworking and Tenacious
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Impeccable Customer Service and Support Skills
- Customer Focus
- Action Orientation
- Tech Savvy
- Result Driven
- Excellent Decision Quality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail
Application Deadline 30th June, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.