Job Title: Senior Technical Equipment Engineer, CHGS.1
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000440
- The Vice-President Corporate Services and Human Resources ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance -driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice.
- The complex will also be at the forefront of efforts at developing a new corporate culture that rewards creativity and innovation, develops talent, and attracts and retains world-class staff at the Bank.
The Hiring Department / Division:
- Within the CHVP complex, the General Services and Procurement Department formulates and implements the Bank’s general services and procurement strategies.
- The Operations and Maintenance Division (CHGS.1) of the General Services and Procurement Department (CHGS), is responsible for the procurement and management of the Bank’s real estate assets, i.e., land, buildings and their technical facilities, office furniture and equipment. It is responsible for:
- Investment planning and programming;
- Maintenance of real estate assets,
- Operation and maintenance of technical equipment and facilities;
- Fixed asset management;
- Support for the Bank’s decentralisation policy through the establishment of field offices and on-going assistance to these offices (identification, negotiation of the lease contract and fitting out spaces to Bank standards) .
- Under the supervision of the Division Manager CHGS.1 (Operations and Maintenance Division), the incumbent will be responsible for the management and monitoring of maintenance works and services relating to the technical equipment of the premises occupied by the Bank at its Headquarters and in its field offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, CHGS.1 (Operations and Maintenance Division), the incumbent will undertake the following key functions:
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of projects for new construction, the improvement and rehabilitation of technical facilities and equipment on the Bank’s premises: electricity distribution, emergency power sources (generators and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), elevators, fire detection systems, HVAC, building management system (BMS) and other electrical equipment.
- Initiate and coordinate the design necessary for the implementation of above-mentioned projects.
- Participate in the planning of the Bank’s investment programmes on technical equipment and the management of capital and operating budgets for technical facilities.
- Participate in the development of internal procedures for the monitoring and supervision of maintenance works and services in order to meet the Bank’s expectations.
- Lead the preparation and drafting of technical documentation for the recruitment of consultants (individuals and firms), contractors and service providers in the areas of above-mentioned technical facilities.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of energy conservation measures at Headquarters and field offices to meet the Bank’s environmental safeguard guidelines.
- Develop standard specifications and terms of reference for the procurement of maintenance services of technical equipment in the Bank’s field offices.
- Participate in the implementation of activities related to the installation of field offices (identification of premises to be rented and their fitting out according to Bank standards).
- Participate in the activities of multi-disciplinary teams in charge of projects to equip meeting rooms with modern conference management systems.
- Manage technical teams under his/her supervision.
- Keep abreast of developments in technology and standards on technical facilities and make recommendations for submission to the Division Manager.
- Perform all administrative duties as required by the position and/or Division Manager.
- Have at least an Engineering Degree or Master’s degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering or in a related discipline with relevant skills in the operation and maintenance of technical equipment.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in the operation and maintenance of technical equipment.
- Ability to work as a member of a team with good interpersonal relations skills.
- Have good client orientation skills.
- Have strong research, analysis and rapid information processing skills.
- Ability to propose alternative solutions and establish frameworks for addressing technical maintenance issues.
- Competent in the procurement of goods, services and works.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is an asset.
Application Closing Date
26th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview