Job Title: Senior Integrity Officer, PIAC.1
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50076309
The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF.
The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat (PSEG).
The Hiring Department and Division
- The Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption (PIAC) plays an integral role in achieving this mandate by protecting the Bank’s corporate image and reputation, and improving the continent’s investment climate through the deterrence, prevention and reduction of fraud, corruption, staff misconduct and other harmful practices within the Bank Group.
- PIAC has the overriding mandate developing preventive measures to reduce fraud and corruption in bank operations, to undertake unhindered investigations into allegations of corruption, fraud and other malpractices in Bank Group Financed Operations, conduct investigations into allegations of misconduct involving staff members of the Bank.
- The Integrity and Prevention Division has the overriding mandate of developing preventive measures to proactively reduce the potential for staff misconduct, fraud or corruption within Bank Group financed operations.
- The Senior Integrity Officer plays a role in assisting the establishment of Bank-wide view of fraud by compiling fraud types from investigation and integrity review reports (into a single file) and analysing them to provide relevant recommendations/strategies for fraud prevention and to enhance integrity in Bank Finance operations.
- In this context, the Senior Integrity Officer shall maintain the highest standard of professional proficiency and integrity; and shall be guided by the ethos of confidentiality, fairness, equity and due diligence.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager, the Senior Integrity Officer shall carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in undertaking Fraud Risk Assessments and prevention efforts in the Bank;
- Participate in monitoring and follow-up of anti-corruption recommendations contained in Management Implication Reports and other Referral Reports issued by PIAC;
- Assist in reviewing compliance of companies as a result of the Bank’s Sanctioning processes before they are released from debarment;
- Participate in the mainstreaming of anti-money laundering, into Bank Group operations in collaboration with relevant units within the Bank and in member countries;
- Assist in maintaining the Banks debarment and cross-debarment database and provide advisory opinions on debarments to operational departments.
- Participate in the review of project management systems and procedures to detect indicators of fraud and corruption and other integrity risks;
- Contribute to the development of proactive mechanisms to promote prevention of integrity risks in the Bank Group’s private sector lending activities;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of proactive strategies which prevent fraud and corruption in the Bank Group;
- Prepare and conduct programs on outreaching activities on anti-fraud and anti-corruption awareness, detection and prevention;
- Assist the division to developing tools to enhance due diligence practices and make recommendations for measures or institutional reforms to close loopholes and ensure compliance with Bank Group policies and applicable international conventions.
- Assist in collaborating in multilateral efforts to mitigate the risks of fraud or corruption in development activities;
- Assist in the preparing annual activity report on the activities of the Division and its publication;
- Support the division’s effort in enhancing external action in the fight against fraud and corruption by conducting fraud and corruption awareness and publicity programs in RMCs, and provide relevant training for Bank employees in the field offices and for external partners;
- Assist in preparing the Division’s Annual Report;
- Undertake other assignments upon demand.
- At least a Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Procurement, Accounting, Auditing and / or a related field;
- Professional qualification in Certified Fraud Examination (CFE) or Certified Internal Auditor would be an added advantage;
- A minimum of 5 (five) years’ extensive and progressive experience in the area of governance, anti-corruption and anti-fraud in government, private or civil society sector, a multi-lateral development financial institution or relevant development organization;
- Experience in working and living in Africa (desirable);
- Strong time management and document management skills with fine attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Strong and proven ability to write, present and report clearly;
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical ability; attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage challenges;
- Integrity and strong interpersonal skills, with and proven ability to work in a team to develop trust and demonstrate fairness;
- Integrity and Honesty;
- Superior interpersonal skills with ability to relate to employees and management at all levels;
- Problem solving;
- Team working;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English or French;
- Ability to speak and write effectively in both English and French (desirable)
- Competence in the use of the Bank’s standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview