Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Executive
Job type: Permanent
- To support the growth of the switching and processing business by identifying and engaging potential customers and managing existing relationships in order to promote adoption and sale of Switching and Processing products and services.
Sales & Business Development:
- Provides excellent and customer-focused sales and account management activities for designated customers and products: Develops and maintains strong relationships with key customers utilising products
- Proactively liaises with customers for feedback on services rendered and ensure that issues are promptly escalated and/or addressed
- Responds to customer requests for advice on Switching and Processing queries
- Analyse sales performance results and develops tactical initiatives to bridge identified gaps
- Communicates customer requirements to the Operations and Project team and work with them to ensure that products are delivered to customer requirements and in line with agreed terms
- Ensures the team’s compliance with Interswitch’s sales and account management policies and procedures (eg use of CRM etc)
- Drafts MOUs, NDAs, SLAs, OLAs for review by the unit lead and for onward transmission to Legal team for the purpose of closing a sale or developing new business
- Reviews legal documentation with prospective partners or customers for the purpose of closing a sale or developing new business
- Uses the CRM platform to evaluate leads and track sales and revenue growth
- Assists in or produces business case documents for new product or service offerings development
- Develops proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs), delivering sales presentations, conducting seminars and participating in meetings with clients and external vendors or advisors
- For new business that are acquired, works with relevant Interswitch teams / colleagues to support customers through the transition from project completion to transaction generation
- Defines and sets sales targets for the unit/ subordinates
- Monitors activities of the team to ensure sales and service targets are achieved
- Performs market research and analysis and monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments
- Assists in developing an evaluation process to gain feedback from customers and providing market feedback to the Head, Transaction Growth & Expansion to meet market demands and generate product development ideas
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in payment technology, products practices and operations
- Receives feedback from customers for improvement of products and services
- Post-sales engagement: visiting customers to discuss on how to improve services
- Builds relationships that are of value with the customers
- Learns what the competition is doing in terms of customer pricing, experience in the local market, their alliances, credibility etc
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining for the division the findings of our competitor analysis
- Organises quarterly review of the competitor analysis
Operational/ Admin Responsibilities:
- Prepares and submits periodic reports (Customer Engagement Report, Sales Reports, Customer & Product Revenue Reports) to the Head Transaction Growth & Expansion on the activities of the team for management decision making
- Handles all customer or partner inquiries
- First Degree in any discipline
- 4 years experience in the same or related role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd September, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.