within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety and Security Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Safety and Security Manager to join our team in our Maiduguri office. The Safety and Security Manager is the focal point for all security-relevant information within Bases of Action Against Hunger (AAH) in Maiduguri. He serves as an advisor for daily operational planning of safety and security for all staff and programs in Maiduguri, Jere, Damboa, Damasak LGAs as well as all other LGAs where the organization is operating within Borno state excluding Monguno.
- The Safety and Security Manager will ensure that AAH staff, and operations in all areas covered, apply the AAH Mandate, Charter and Code of Conduct to ensure the safeguarding of the reputation of the organization as well as safety and security operational policies, procedures and regulations.
- Participate in internal and external meeting at the local/regional level to humanitarian and government representatives on related safety and security protocols and needs.
- Assist Area Co in analysis, identification, quantification and, mitigation of assessed risks;
- Keep updated incident database and generate necessary analysis and reports for operations advice;
- Provide technical support to the security guards and ensure safety and security standards are in put in place for all ACF facilities including vehicles;
- In coordination with Area Co, brief all staff on security and context changes as needed at base levels.
- Liaison with safety and security providers including Government, local communities and security forces;
- Maintenance of a state-wide network to influential actors and communication of AAHs status and mission in Nigeria;
- Support and advice of programs in the field regarding safety and security information on a daily basis;
- University Degree or equivalent experience in the NGO sector;
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the commercial Safety and Security business is required;
- Ability to work structured and independently and write short coherent reports on topics of security relevance;
- Existing network to influential actors in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno state (e.g. on security, political, social, cultural, religious level).
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible with the ability to work in a team of diverse culture.
- Fluent Speaking/Reading/Writing in English and Hausa/Kanuri languages is required. Language Proficiency will be tested;
- Thorough knowledge of security operations is essential;
Minimum Basic salary: 424,310 NGN per month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Qualified women are strongly encourged to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 11th January, 2021.