IBILE Microfinance Bank Limited is a fast-growing Microfinance Bank with designed fitting financial products to meet the diversified and dynamic economy of the micro sectors in Lagos state. The bank is managed by industry seasoned professionals with the objective to facilitate financial inclusion services, serve the Micro Small and Medium Scale industry (MSMSE) and empowered to grow and sustain the gross domestic product (GDP) of the fifth largest economy in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Officer
Location: Allen / Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure that all staff, particularly operations staff diligently comply with the operational risk guidelines, policies and procedures to mitigate the bank’s risk exposure.
- This is largely achieved as they coordinate the activities of the regional monitoring teams
- Evaluate customers’ loan applications in line with the bank’s credit policy.
- Identify critical risks in credit request and provide advise on how requests can be restructured in line with the bank’s risk appetite.
- Weed out fraudulent applications, and unreliable applicants.
- Check Facility Letters and Loan Agreements and scrutinize the signed documents to ensure the correctness of the contracts.
- Continuously ensure alignment/compliance to the credit risk management framework.
- Continuously analyze and recommend improvement on credit risk management framework, processes and systems.
- Has relevant experience in analyzing consumer and SME loans.
- Organization of credit committee.
- Portfolio management & reporting.
- Create innovative credit evaluation processes and systems.
- Evaluate clients for creditworthiness based our internal risk models & their application information.
- A first degree in Economics, Finance or any other discipline
- Good communications
- Good reporting skills
- Minimum of 3 years microfinance bank experience
- Good knowledge of accounting and relevant lending ratios.
- Analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume with the subject stated as “Risk Officer” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 10th February, 2021.