- Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Full time
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Company Overview / Job Description
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Research Manager who will conduct the Evaluation of Porridge Mum programme using retrospective design with secondary analyses. The candidate will work closely with AAH Paris research project advisor and the Nigeria team to achieve this objective. There will be at least one field visit (1 week) to estimate data reliability and intervention contextual exposure at study sites/health facilities which are located in Borno State.
- Lead the design of a sound evaluation process based on cross-sectional features
- Finalize the study protocol and data collection tools with AAH teams in Nigeria and Paris
- Develop the statistical analysis plan (SAP) and circulate to the working group for discussion and validation
- Analyze the data and present preliminary results to the working group, in order to discuss these initial results; revise and finalize results
- Write the final report with findings as per the template provided and get it validated
- Obtain Ethical Committee feedback on study protocol and government approvals
- Make field visit to understand data flow, reliability, contextual factors
- Extract and check the reliability of data, merge and clean to obtain final database
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- Fluency in Hausa;
- Considerable experience with the use of statistical software and particularly with the software ‘R’, ‘Stata’ or ‘SPSS’. Use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook necessary;
- Some experience in the analysis of anthropometric data preferably;
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to lead the study required;
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and decision-making capabilities;
- At least 4 years’ experience of working in Nigeria.
- At least 2 years experience of managing community-based research studies. More specifically demonstrated ability to develop, refine and coordinate workflows for the different phases of the research studies;
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 424,310 per month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 13th January, 2021.