A Research and Education Institution is recruiting suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant, Integrated Primary Palliative Care Intervention Study
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Contract
Reports to: The Principal Investigator
Post Duration: March 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021 (6 months) / full time- 40 hrs a week
- Development and Feasibility Evaluation of an Integrated Primary Palliative Care Intervention for Patients with Serious Illnesses and their Family Caregivers in Nigeria
- The Integrated Primary Palliative Care Intervention Study aims to examine the feasibility of integrating Palliative Care at the Primary Healthcare Level in Nigeria. This intervention will be implemented at three Primary Healthcare Centres in Ibadan. The Research Assistant will work under the direction of the Principal Investigator / Project Leader and perform a variety of research and administrative duties involved in conducting study.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
To work under the direction and support of the Principal Investigator in performing a variety of technical duties involved in supporting the research project(s) or programme including:
- Setting up the study at the Primary Healthcare Centres;
- Engaging with Local Ward Health Committees, Primary Healthcare Centre Managers and Healthcare Professionals on the smooth running of the study;
- Getting all necessary approvals from Local Government Health Departments and any other required ethical approval;
- Maintaining high quality of research and promoting research integrity in the overall conduct of the research;
- Keeping relevant records including scanning paper documents and storing them securely in digital formats;
- Performing data entry and transcribing while ensuring privacy and confidentiality;
- Maintaining a sufficient inventory of materials, supplies and equipment;
- Performing other related duties incidental to the work described herein; and
- Carrying out additional duties as may be reasonably required within the general scope and level of the post, towards the successful completion of the Study.
- Securing informed consent and Recruiting patients, family caregivers and healthcare worker participants to the project;
- Facilitating trainings and workshops to ensure smooth delivery of online training and workshops;
- Administering questionnaires to and conducting interviews with participants;
- Reminding and supporting participants to attend appointments;
NB: The list of duties detailed above is not intended to be exclusive or restrictive and may be adjusted depending on the area of research.
- A postgraduate qualification in a field of discipline relevant to the area of investigation i.e. MSc in Nursing or MPH;
- Experience conducting community mobilisation and sensitisation;
- Working knowledge of strict privacy and confidentiality requirements;
- Demonstrated commitment to research;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team and with Primary Healthcare Professionals;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain clear and accurate records and digitally savvy; and
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, including a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with screening, recruiting and gaining informed consent from research participants;
- Experience with different data collection methods, focus groups, interviews and administering questionnaires;
- Evidence of training in the responsible and ethical conduct of research will be an added advantage;
N120,000 – N180,000 per month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Fill Application Form
Submit a one page Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only CVs and Cover Letters of those who fill in the application survey will be considered. We thank all those who apply; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 19th February, 2021.