The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporting Officer
Locations: Kafanchan – Kaduna or Jos – Plateau
Job Type: Contract: Fulltime
- The Reporting Officer is responsible for telling the story of the NLCB program to distinct audiences through the development of compelling communication products.
- S/he will oversee the production of activity monitoring reports, biweekly, quarterly, annual and impact reports, success stories and snapshots.
- The Reporting Officer will work in close collaboration with the Media Unit and contribute storylines on photo and video products.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Reporting Officer reports to the Media Producer. The Reporting Officer should expect to receive guidance directly from Creative’s HQ Communication team, as well as the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party.
- The position will be based either in Kafanchan (Kaduna) or Jos (Plateau), with expected travels to cover activities across Kaduna and Plateau States.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In coordination with senior management and with input from Creative HQ Communications, develops and/or revises the annual Branding and Marking Plan that includes goals, identification of key audiences, channels and outputs.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned and success stories to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field, lessons-learned from previous activities, and changes in the political and economic environment.
- Ensure that reports are in accordance with project communications plans and support project objectives.
- Under the supervision of the Media Producer coordinates meetings at least once a week with the program and monitoring & evaluation teams in the field offices to define reporting priorities and set timelines for submission.
- Monitor and report on routine program activities and scheduled program events, recording summaries in Activity Notes captured in the OTI Web-based Database.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
Content Production & Dissemination:
- Designs and produces communication materials as needed for project activities, including newsletters, press releases and media briefings.
- Takes a lead role in editing the biweekly, quarterly and annual report, coordinating reporting from all field offices.
- Develop story ideas based on NLCB activities, interview relevant individuals and produce compelling stories that demonstrate innovation, change, resilience and/or success.
- Identify and manage contractors and/or consultants, such as photographers, videographers and agencies, required to tell NLCB’s story.
- Ensures effective dissemination and distribution of the program’s media products using various approved medium.
- Oversees the execution of integrated communications strategies and campaigns that elevate engagement and awareness among target audiences online and offline.
- In coordination with the Program team, write up to two Project Snapshots per month, according to USAID guidelines and USAID/OTI Country Representative direction.
- Oversees the branding and marking plan for NLCB and works with staff to ensure compliance by the project and appropriate guidance to partners.
- Ensures that all Graphic Design, Photography and Videography activities are in compliance with Creative and USAID’s standards and guidelines.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Political Science, International Affairs, English, Communication, or other related Social Sciences field is required.
- Four years’ work of general experience with 2 years of experience in a related field is required.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Hausa and any other language spoken in Kaduna and Plateau State is preferred.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of social media management and analytics, and multimedia technologies preferable.
- Prior experience producing and editing photo, video, web contents preferred.
- Prior Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Self-starter with a creative mind who can work with a results-oriented team;
- Proven writing in English with an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct and lively style is required.
- Strong editing skills, as well as being able to discern broader subject-matter problems.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management Skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line, your cover letter and Resume/CV.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter.
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 26th January, 2021.