Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: (Michika, Hong, or Gombi) Adamawa
Employment Type: Temporary
Employment Type: AD-Hoc
Start Date: March 2021
Department: Monitoring & Evaluation
Report To: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Slot: 30 Openings
- Nuru Nigeria is recruiting a large pool of field research freelancers to work on a contractual basis depending upon the needs of its projects. The selected freelancers will be kept in a pool that will be invited automatically to work with Nuru Nigeria in any event that we need freelancers to support existing and new research projects. This means that the selected freelancers will not go through the recruitment process again if we need freelancers to support fieldwork.
- Freelancers will have the right to choose whether to accept an assignment or not based on their availability and discussion of specific assignments, conditions, payments and timelines with Nuru Nigeria.
- The research freelancers will be assigned to work under the supervision of an M & E Officer to implement research activities for existing and new research projects. Below is an outline of expected duties for the different roles, which may also be expanded upon to suit the needs of the studies as required.
Duties and Deliverables
- Support Nuru Nigeria M&E and Program Team in the collection of primary data during surveys and assessment etc based on various criteria provided.
- Make sure that consent is sought from participants prior to interviews and that all relevant information is communicated, including the objectives of the study, confidentiality, voluntary participation etc.
- Participate in training/meetings related to surveys and assessment.
- Proper records and documentation of all field materials
- Ensure data quality, control and administration.
- Conduct assessment and enter data within households (or designated locations) during surveys and assessments.
- Ensuring that Nuru Nigeria data collection activities are carried out in line with the standard.
- Assisting with other research tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of university graduate or National Diploma, NCE or its equivalent especially in Agricultural Science with at least one year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Speaks, reads and writes fluently in English, Kamwe, Hausa & Fulfulde required
- Knowledge of the operational area
- Previous experience conducting quantitative interviews with different stakeholders and vulnerable groups especially with an NGOs
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrates an understanding of conflict/post-conflict development contexts.
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Flexibility in a fast-paced evolving work environment
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate the ability to operate in both office and field settings
- Experience implementing electronic data collection methods
- Willing to work flexible hours and weekends.
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Resident and familiarity with the terrain in North-East Nigeria
- Excellent computer application skills, particularly Ms Word & Excel programs
- Can operate an android phone
- Strong typing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 23rd February, 2021.