First Excelsia Professional Services Limited – Our client in theTechnology Department is charged with implementing products that will help the company scale with excellence and innovation is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager (Technology)
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- As the Engineering Manager (Technology), you will be responsible for leading the Technology Department with a full stack team of software engineers and developers.
- You will also work with the company to research, develop and update designs and products.
- You will be responsible for mentorship, coaching and monitoring of the health of the engineering team.
- The ideal candidates will have working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another.
- Your ability to be successful in this role will require that you possess exceptional foresight, great communication skills, and an aptitude for managing risk. Ideally, candidates will have proof of their supervisory and technical skills, and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry.
What You’ll Do
- Engage with users and key stakeholders to understand problems and requirements
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency and stability of products
- Support engineers in identifying, resolving, prioritizing and escalating issues that impact their work
- Support the training and development of the engineering team to increase performance
- Manage engineers and team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus
- Manage, measure and improve engineering processes and continuously improve software development lifecycle processes
- Encourage and promote best engineering practices
- Advocate for and ensure prioritization of technical initiatives working with Product Managers
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience and hands-on experience designing, building and shipping software
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing and growing software engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write technical documents and present ideas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and code when necessary
- Ability to read the code that your team is writing
Application Deadline 12th June, 2021
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters