African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Clerk, COSN
Reference: ADB / 21 / 050
Location: Country Manager, COSN Country Office
Position N°: 50063715
- The Vice-Presidency for Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery is responsible for operational relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities.
- The Vice Presidency for Regional Development will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its Regional Member Countries and oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates.
- Within regional development, integration and business delivery complex the Bank has five (5) regional hubs one in each region: South Africa, North Africa, West Africa, East Africa, and Central Africa. Each Regional Hub is headed by a Director General.
The Hiring Department:
- The various Country Office falls within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs. The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries.
- The Director General is accountable of the specific African region. Each Hub will house relevant operations, business development and project implementation functions and administrative capabilities in a shared service for rapid deployment into the individual countries, to help drive the overall business of the Bank effectively on the ground.
- Country Offices of the African Development Bank have been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments, and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Administrative Clerk will work closely with the administration and finance team to provide office and administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Country Manager, the Administrative Clerk will perform the following duties:
Support to the Administrative and Financial Officer:
- Monitor the files of requests for exemption from VAT to taxes on invoices for purchases and services provided to public services (customs, foreign affairs, postal service, etc.);
- Transmit and monitor the processing of files in the competent authorities of the host country, requests for tax exemption and the registration of vehicles of the international staff of the Office;
- Conduct the arrival and departure formalities at the airport for Bank officials and any other person invited by the Bank;
- Transmit and monitor the processing of visa application files, diplomatic cards and any other document of bank staff, in diplomatic missions and consulates accredited in the host country;
- Write a verbal note draft notes and any other required protocol documents;
- Support the Bank’s experts during their missions (purchase of tickets, reservation, confirmation);
Other Administrative Activities:
- Forward letters and correspondence to post offices, government agencies and various partners;
- Enter document references, including attachments, seal, label and forward the diplomatic bag to DHL for shipment;
- Ensure the follow-up of formalities to allow withdrawals and deliveries to the office of couriers and parcels under customs;
- Enter data relating to the audit and activity reports for the follow-up of the reception of said reports at the External Office (periodical);
- Compile the weekly notes on office activities and the monthly (periodic) report;
- Carry out all reproduction and reprography work;
- Welcome and monitor users of the information and documentation center (registration sheets are made, and users are registered);
- Contribute to the organization of Bureau events and ceremonies;
- Follow up on information from the national press;
- Build and update the database of press journalists and local media;
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Administration or a related field, supplemented by training in secretarial functions / administration / office management;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in progressive positions, attached to an executive’s office, preferably in an international organization;
- Good knowledge of budgeting and planning is highly desirable;
- Be able to work under pressure and to prioritize in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting. Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse background;
- Handling speedily and efficiently internal and external requests;
- Ability to manage simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in the use of standard equipment (computer, fax, scanner, photocopies etc.);
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service focused reception and administration services;
- Be able to multi task, excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details;
- Effective communication; highly client oriented, good team working and relations;
- Ability to operate effectively in a multicultural organization;
- Good innovative and creative approaches to activities in order to enhance performance and create added benefits for the clients and the organization;
- Integrity and confidentiality;
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems would be an asset.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Principal Credit Risk Officer, PGRF.1
Reference: ADB / 21 / 049
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000765
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President ; Independent Development Evaluation Department ; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit ; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board ; Administrative Tribunal ; Office of the Auditor General ; Group Risk Management Function; General Counsel and Legal Services Department ; Communication and External Relations Department ; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department:
- The Group Risk Management Function (PGRF) develops policies and guidelines, methodologies and systems relating to credit risk assessment, market risk and operational risk and ensures internal consistency of all of the Bank’s risk management policies and guidelines, including those initiated and developed by other departments.
- The main mandate is to safeguard the Bank’s financial integrity and consolidate all core risk management activities of the Bank in order to exercise comprehensive oversight over the Bank’s risk exposure.
- In delivering its mission, PGRF focuses largely on promoting the Bank Group’s strategic goals within a defined risk tolerance framework.
The key objectives of the Non-Sovereign Credit Risk Unit (PGRF1), within the broad mandate of Risk Management Function (PGRF), are to:
- Ensure adequate assessment of credit risk of new non-sovereign operations as well as regular review of the Bank’s non-sovereign credit portfolio;
- Develop policies and guidelines, methodologies and systems relating to non-sovereign credit risk assessment and management for the Bank;
- Ensure internal consistency of all Bank’s non-sovereign credit risk policies and guidelines including those initiated and developed by other Departments;
- Monitor and report on compliance with policies and guidelines; and
- Contribute to the development of strategic risk metrics and a risk culture within the organization through the following: (i) Managing the risk profile of the Bank’s non-sovereign portfolio to protect the Bank’s AAA credit rating and reputation; and (ii) Strengthening the Bank’s internal risk framework by improving credit processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Unit Head PGRF1, the Principal Commercial Credit Officer performs the following:
Assess non-sovereign credit risks by:
- Preparing Summary Credit Notes, advising appropriate credit risk ratings and making recommendations with respect to the further processing of individual transactions;
- Regularly reviewing existing transactions and their credit ratings as well as the adequacy of impairment provisions, if required;
- Assessing specific risks of proposed individual non-sovereign transactions and recommend appropriate credit enhancement or risk mitigation measures.
- Advising operations departments on the correct structuring of transactions with a view to mitigate risk.
- Participating in due diligence missions on new non-sovereign transactions and supervision missions on active projects, contributing to a better understanding of risks associated with them and of risk mitigation options;
- Advise appropriate pricing terms in consultation with syndication and investment officers.
Participate in the development and updating of commercial credit risk management policies, guidelines, processes and procedures for their implementation by:
- Regularly reviewing the adequacy and appropriateness of policies, guidelines and procedures and proposing amendments as they may become necessary;
- Participating in the development and upgrading of commercial credit risk identification and assessment methodologies, including appropriate assessment, monitoring and management of tools and systems;
Participate in portfolio monitoring and reporting by:
- Monitoring of compliance with existing credit limits, KPIs and thresholds;
- Establishing and forecasting trends with respect to portfolio concentrations and proposing portfolio management initiatives to mitigate concentration risks.
- Preparing technical notes and/or papers or conduct studies of interest to the Bank on commercial credit risk and related issues.
Participate in risk related discussions by:
- Participating in management review committees and Board Committee sessions on non-sovereign transactions.
- Propagating a risk culture and serving as technical focal point.
- Interacting with Internal and External Auditors and Rating Agencies.
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Risk Management, International Finance or Economics or in a related field
- Have a minimum of 6 years work experience in credit assessment in private sector banking or multilateral development banking
- Hands-on experience of credit risk assessment, deal negotiation and structuring in emerging and underdeveloped markets
- Familiarity with project finance, corporate lending, lending to financial institutions and private equity funds
- Ability to build risk tools and methodologies are desirable
- Knowledge of capital adequacy standards is required
- Considerable knowledge and experience of credit risk management techniques, sophisticated risk management products and risk management best practice;
- High degree of personal commitment, interpersonal skills with clear strategic vision and proven communication and leadership skills,
- Teamwork and Relationships: Works with others to maximize the effectiveness of the team as a whole, sharing the knowledge and workload. Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and contributes to the creation of a positive team environment.
- Operational effectiveness: The commitment to ensure that full use is made of the systems, procedures and culture within the organization in order to deliver the required results.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution.
- Innovation & Creativity: The commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative approaches to activities in order to enhance performance and create added benefits to the Bank and its clients.
- Communication: Provides clear and concise oral and written communication; presents oral information with clarity and appropriate style and adapts language and style to suit the requirements of a particular audience.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point); knowledge of SAP (or other integrated document management system or quantitative and qualitative data analysis packages is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 16th April, 2021.