The Ogun State Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP) is a comprehensive effort that will help propel Ogun into a high-income State that is inclusive and sustainable. The program will lift Ogun’s gross national income and raise per capita income, meeting the World Bank’s threshold for high income state. The purpose of OGSTEP is to increase the participation of the private sector in the economy of Ogun State with a focus on improving the business-enabling environment, strengthening agri-food value-chains and upgrading skills. OGSTEP, along with the Government State Development Program (SDP) serves to achieve economic development in the state. OGSTEP builds upon the policy directions, strategies and programs of the SDP (organized around five cardinal programs covering agriculture production and industrialization, infrastructure and rural development, education, health, and affordable housing and urban renewal) and aims to accelerate strategic reforms and public investments to enable greater private sector participation in the State’s economy.
Consequent to the above, it will increase the State revenue and help achieve the Government Transformation Program. Ogun State is also focusing on governance as a cross-cutting area to improve government efficiency in the delivery of key SDP outcomes and to ensure the sustainability of these outcomes through a results-driven financing of the cardinal programs. The Program proposes to support a subset of the overall expenditure program of the State that are related to the SDP’s cardinal objective of agricultural production and industrialization, alongside skills development and improved public sector performance. With a combined use of result-based financing and technical assistance, the World Bank is well positioned to support Ogun State in implementing the SDP. The Program funding will consist mainly of IDA credit (World Bank Group) and will be disbursed base on the Disbursement Linked Indicators (DLIs) in components/Result areas. The program will last for a period of five (5) years all things being equal.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Project Manager (Skills Development)
Project Title: Ogun State Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP)
Reports to: Project Coordinator on the day to day implementation of the project and periodically to the Sector Head (Honourable Commissioner) on strategic issues discussed at the level of the Project Steering Committee or Project Technical Committee.
Duration of Employment: 2 Years (Renewable upon satisfactory performance)
Nature of Assignment
- Project Managers are being engaged for the Implementation Phase of this project and as such successful candidate shall work fulltime at the Project Offices, reporting directly to the Project Coordinator on the day to day implementation of the project and to the Sector Head (Hon. Commissioner of the Implementing Agency) on strategic issues discussed at the level of the Project Steering Committee or Project Technical Committee.
Scope of Work:
- The main responsibilities of the Project Manager (Skills Devt.) will be to create an Education Road map and manage education data processes in the State as well as create all Education Sector Terms of References. He/She will manage other Skills Expert Consultants and provide assistance to the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in preparation for the p4R program.
Recruitment Qualifications/ Competencies
- Minimum Master degree in Education, Educational Management, Economics, Engineering, Sciences and any other relevant field that will help in executing the sector DLIs
- 10 years’ post-graduation relevant work experience in designing, implementing and supervising development programs for the public sector, five (5) of which must be in a Project Management Office environment (PMO/PIU)
- Knowledge in learning and development pedagogies and andragogy
- Experience in working with Educational Institutions across all levels
- Experience of working with international organizations, bilateral donors and international financial institutions;
- Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and result-focused report.
- Proven experience working with government, civil society, international organizations, and donor Agencies.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications such as Microsoft Office packages, Cloud computing, SharePoint etc.
- Effective communication in English Language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.