China Harbour Engineering Company Limited is an engineering contractor and a subsidiary of China Communications Construction Company, providing infrastructure construction, such as marine engineering, dredging and reclamation, road and bridge, railways, airports and plant construction.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Negotiating and Coordinating with Clients/Consultants/Governmental Agencies on behalf of the company
- Actively contributes to the development and implementation of rules and procedures governing tendering and contract processes ensuring compliance with internal and governmental controls and regulations.
- Contributes to the preparation and submission of Request for Qualifications (RFQs), and other tender documents that are responsive to client requirements and in
- compliance with company objectives are completed in a timely manner.
- Serves primarily as the company’s eye to the Tenders and Evaluation board where so requested.
- Part of the tenders’ process from the pre‐qualification stage through to the final bid submission, award of contract and engagement close out.
- Collates and ensures proper documentation within the tendering and contract process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or similar with 1 – 3 years work experience.
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- Major in Road and bridge engineering
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- Professional and neat Appearance.
- Clear and fluent in English without any accent.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Must at least be a professional member of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS)
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills
- Previous work experience in Chinese company is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one document to: Victor.firstname.lastname@example.org using “Quantity Surveyor” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 16th September, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.