Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
Locations: Ilupeju – Lagos and Ifo – Ogun
Employment Type: Full Time
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Work with the Factory manager to identify approaches and methods to improve overall quality. Educate workers on the required standards.
- Note and report on work that does not meet requirements.
- Interpret and review shop drawings.
- Inspect completed work and/or work in progress to determine whether the work meets specifications and plan requirements.
- Monitor overall construction performance with regard to technical quality and compliance with design and specification requirements.
- Preparation of testing, qualification and certification processes for welding as per project specifications.
- Monitors and ensures that welding is carried out in the right condition.
- Provision of accurate data of the welding inspection parameters.
- Preparation of relevant reports on welding activities.
- Provision of professional supervision to the welding team.
- Assist to prepare process work order sheets as per project specifications.
- Approve in-process construction/fabrication by confirming required specifications.
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Coach and mentor junior employees; seek opportunities to grow leadership in others.
- Study the codes and required projects specifications.
- Plus any additional jobs from management.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in steel fabrication field.
- Must have team work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to handle a lot of stress.
- Computer literate in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English is a must.
- Smart, sharp, fast learner, aggressive with pleasing personality & quick decision making ability, with proven track records.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle several projects/orders concurrently.
- Dynamic, result-oriented, enthusiastic and able to deliver and achieve targets.
- Experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans, contract documents and project specifications
- Coordinate Test Pack preparation and Final Handover documentation activities to ensure smooth handover.
- Conduct and organize QMS Internal / External audit and ensure close out of all Inspection and Audit Non conformities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: email@example.com using “Quality Control Officer” as the subject of the mail
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 31st December, 2020.