The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities.
We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Location: Damataru, Yobe, Sub Saharan Africa, NG
Pay Band: 6
Department: Business Delivery
Contract Type: Locally engaged
Duration: Fixed term contract ending July 2022
- The Programme Officer will be responsible for managing the technical delivery and administration of programme outputs.
- The role holder will ensure quality and timeliness of delivery; good control of resources and compliance with agreed programme management systems and processes; ensuring workplans, budgets and forecasts are prepared and implemented.
- The Officer will also facilitate collection and collation of data for Monitoring and Evaluation of results and lessons of the programme.
- Graduate level education
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with an international organization
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Experience of working in challenging environments, preferably in North East Nigeria
- Project management qualification aligned to P&P professional standards (APM)
- Ability to speak a local dialect (e.g. Hausa)
- Experience of work in an FCR (Full Cost Recovery) project
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- All candidates must have the current right to live and work in Nigeria.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
N8,106,740 per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 21st March, 2021.