United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Profit Centre Manager
Location: Across all Branches in Nigeria
Successful candidates will be a part of the core team set to:
- Deliver value to our customers
- Expand our current business/client portfolio.
- Enhance our position in our chosen target markets and
- Generate new sales revenues.
- To coordinate the activities of retail teams through effective relationship management to meet/surpass financial targets to drive the profit growth of the branch.
- Ensure significant increase in market share within own region.
- Drive performance of the unit – liability generation and quality risk asset creation.
- Risk asset appraisal, disbursement and monitoring.
- Drive the reactivation of all inactive/dormant accounts in the branch.
- Plan and implement marketing strategies to boost profit
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of account officers.
- Ensure effective relationship building and management with new and existing customers.
- Optimally exploit new and existing opportunities in the market.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Business Manager.
- Minimum Educational level: First Degree in any discipline.
- Minimum experience: 2 – 5 years cognate experience, 3 of which must have been in a marketing arm of a branch.
- What we expect from you:
- A high degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
- Basic knowledge of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
- Business development and acquisition
- Marketing, Selling and Cross-Selling
- Marketing and Selling skills
- Leadership and negotiation skills
- Good Relationship management skills
- Confident and must possess excellent networking skills.
- Knowledge of current business trends and CBN Regulatory laws.
- Ability to evaluate the needs of customers and determine what products or services would best serve those needs
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent Communications skills (written and oral)
What you should expect from us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd November, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.