The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Ref No: R-48743
Job Type: Full time
Job Description Summary
- The Procurement Manager will be responsible for leading strategic sourcing events using market analysis, strategy development, negotiation / competitive bidding events, supplier selection and supplier management. This individual will understand business requirements and achieve operational alignment with AFRICA OU while insuring adherence to “Platform Services” KPIs, guidelines, processes, supplier management, and the overall global logistics procurement strategies for the Coca-Cola system.
- The position manages a segment of the AFRICA OU spend. It will support the Procurement Director to unbundle inbound direct materials, which includes ingredients, coffee, tea, juices, packaging materials and other OU requirements. This also includes collaboration with key internal Company’s stakeholders and external supplier/carrier executives through a robust Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or equivalent curriculum. Master’s degree preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Proven negotiation and influence skills
- Exposure to new technologies and trends related to Logistics
- People management experience
- Related Work Experience: 7-10+ years of demonstrated progression with multinational FMCG company
- The Coca-Cola Company System experience is highly preferred due to the complexities and challenges of the role
- Travel required: up to 50%
- Global Product/Service Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of and capability in dealing with global products and services.
- Strategic Sourcing: Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies by commodity, product, service to ensure that formal supplier agreements activate the elements of the sourcing strategy and support delineated performance standards. Includes the ability to create selection criteria to qualify suppliers for the bid process.
- Advancing the Customer Relationship: Ability to facilitate and accelerate the business relationship based upon an understanding of the customer. Includes the ability to actively listen and engage in conversation with customers to uncover relevant information, resources and solutions.
- Vendor Management: The ability to evaluate and ensure that vendor performance meets or exceeds defined performance standards and adheres to overall company policies and procedures.
- Contracting: Knowledge of principles involved in contract law to ensure supplier agreements are appropriately conceived and executed, eliminating potential risk of unlawful or anti-competitive activity. Includes the ability to read, understand and assess the impact of legal documents.
- Cross Functional Relationships: Knowledge of and ability to articulate to senior management the benefits of supporting cross-functional objectives to achieve the business plan.
- Bottler/Business Unit Plans & Strategies: Knowledge of information used and ability to evaluate bottler/business unit’s business plans and strategies to develop procurement strategies that enable delivery of those goals and objectives.
- Company Standards & Specifications: Knowledge of Company standards and specifications relative to commodities, products and services and the ability to effectively communicate standards and specifications to supply base.
- Best Practices: Knowledge of procurement, industry and business best practices to guide thought leadership and ensure effective procurement strategies. Includes the ability to recognize value creation opportunities within the supply chain.
- System Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of TCCS global and regional procurement organizations, strategies and priorities to ensure alignment of procurement activity.
- Negotiation: Exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties’ support and acceptance; striving for outcomes that are a win-win for all parties involved.
- Network/Resources: Ability to develop diverse network/resources to leverage “best in class” knowledge, approaches and processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 7th April, 2021.