Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PLC Application Engineer
Ref No: 006J6C
Slot: 2 Openings
- To provide software coding, application, configuration and system engineering during the design, build, test phase and hardware installation support of automated control system projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure technical information is communicated to all relevant parties as appropriate. Attend and document meetings as appropriate.
- Performs installation, startup and commissioning of Schneider products at the system level
- System testing and conducting Client witness testing, 3rd Party equipment acceptance testing.
- Selection and integration of Schneider Electric and third party purchased equipment.
- Define the system network, calculate processor, memory loading and other engineering calculations.
- Design field loop circuits and specify hardware components.
- Ensure technical compliance to customers’ specification relating to assigned areas of work.
- To be aware of the development of existing and new Schneider Electric hardware and software products.
- Interprets customer technical specifications and produces detailed design specifications for implementation
- Perform preventive and remedial maintenance on company instruments and/or systems
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required.
- All aspects of application software and system engineering, including training and working to delivery of:
- System specification, design, implementation, configuration for Schneider Electric product and 3rd party supply.
- HND or equivalent level in an Engineering discipline – preferably Electronic, Electrical, Control or Software.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written.
- Awareness of automation control systems technologies.
- Good PLC programming and maintenance skills
- Computer literate, with strong excel and word capability.
- Minimum 2 years engineering experience within a leading automation project organization.
- Ability to problem solve and think adaptively, able to react to changing requirements
- Experience of team working, possessing the necessary communication skills to influence and get results
- BEng Degree in Electronic/Control Engineering. Commercial and business training. Schneider Electric or other manufacturers product training.
- Experience/knowledge of automated control systems.
- Knowledge of software design methods and systems design and software languages at high and medium level.
- Knowledge of electrical circuit design and basics of electrical design theory.
- Working knowledge of Functional Safety Management process.
- Understanding of safety related applications (F&G, ESD, PSD).
- Tricon (or similar) industrial controller experience.
- HMI knowledge (InTouch Wonderware).
- Experience of database applications with Access and Excel
- Process / Control / Instrumentation / Electrical knowledge
- Commissioning experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.