British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Skills Development Coordinator
Job Number: 34299
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Reports to: IWS Manager
Reporting Level: Management
Geographic Scope: Nigeria
- BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation. To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
- BAT Nigeria is looking for an Operations Skills Development Coordinator
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The role is responsible for designing, developing, and delivering operation learning systems and interventions to eliminate skill-related losses in line with IWS methodologies and the Education and Training pillar framework.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Lead factory training team comprising of operations skill officer, and technical specialists to deliver all education and training CBA’s (Current Best Approach) and eliminate organizational skill-related losses.
- Activate, drive and coordinate Education & Training pillar work process and CBA’s to eliminate skill-related losses across the factory
- Design, implement and monitor the quality of training execution across the plant
- Build and manage training repository in line with IWS Phase 1 requirements
- Own and manage learning facilities, systems, and tools. Drive active utilization and continuous improvement of learning facilities
- Network with institutions outside the company to keep up with and implement the latest developments in the field of Learning
- Work with Human Resources Talent team to implement projects launched for establishment and development of skills
- Own, drive, and improve the Skills Needs Assessment (SNA) work process for the factory
- Ensure Global Skill Matrix is up to date and relevant to deliver the current business need. Collaborate with regional E&T (Education and Training) pillar team when changes are required
- Develop and drive the target organizational learning culture based on IWS principles (Learn-Do-Teach)
- Own and manage the Factory integrated training calendar. Ensure development outcomes from talent reviews, for each BAT FTE, and outcomes from SNA’s are integrated into the design of this training calendar
- Participate in and implement projects launched for establishment and development of skills
- Planning and coordinating manufacturing activities such as team cascades and team building events.
- To implement the manufacturing communication & visuals strategy.
- Local & regional reporting of Education & Training (ET) pillar performance metrics
- Design and implement training curriculum for all roles in the factory, as well as a trainer qualification system
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree with National Youth Service Corps completed
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing or HR experience, ideally in FMCG sector
- Influencing skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Power BI analytics proficiency would also be an added advantage.
- Strong ambiguity management
- Excellent strategy & planning skills
- Diagnostic and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.