International Finance Corporation (IFC) a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. The Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030: end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in every country.
Job Title: Operations Officer – Disruptive Technologies
Job #: req13623
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Gender and Economic Inclusion at IFC
- The IFC Gender and Economic Inclusion Group addresses the private sector’s human capital challenges with a dedicated team that provides support across the corporation to increase deal flow and maximize development impact when it comes to gender, base of the pyramid and other underserved groups such as people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTQI. We take an intersectional approach to diversity and inclusion.
- This will be achieved by developing research on the business case and by providing tailored operational solutions and building partnerships with the aim of creating economic opportunities and development for all. In order to unlock macro-economic growth and private sector investment opportunities, the group will closely collaborate with the World Bank and IFC’s Upstream efforts.
- Focus areas of economic inclusion will include gender, base of the pyramid (through Inclusive Business), LGBTQI, and persons with disabilities. This selection is based on IFC expertise, private sector demand for investments and advice in these areas and market opportunities
- This position will be based in Washington, DC, with the IFC’s Gender and Economic Inclusion Group (GEIG).
- The Disruptive Technology team, part of the Gender and Inclusive Economies Group, identifies how new and emerging technologies have the potential to drive development impact and business growth in emerging markets with a focus on women and other underserved populations, including disabled and LGBT communities and base of the pyramid populations.
- The team conducts research, provides tailored advisory services, and convenes public initiatives on core topic areas, supports knowledge management and capacity building across the WBG.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Officer will:
- Contribute to research on disruptive technologies in emerging markets, including but not limited to scoping partners, conducting literature reviews, and composing and editing reports
- Conduct partner and client management, including developing concept notes and implementation plans and donor reporting; maintain updated project management for complex global projects
- Support knowledge management through the development of talking points, case studies, presentations and other materials to capture the connection between inclusive technologies, development impact, and private sector growth
- Lead public events and internal learning sessions focused on inclusive technology, including managing speaker outreach and developing relevant communications materials
- The Officer will also undertake other related tasks as requested by the team Lead.
- Draft client deliverables that include analysis, training materials, best practice guides, standards, and papers or presentations containing recommendations to improve client performance
- Collect and analyze client and market data and contribute to design of solutions that will create markets, reform sectors, and improve firm performance
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Technical knowledge of disruptive technologies in emerging markets
- Superlative writing and editing skills, ability to adopt to a wide variety of styles.
- Data analysis skills.
- English language fluency and proficiency in another widely spoken language.
- Experience collaborating with high-level public or private sector stakeholders on sensitive or confidential topics
- Ability to manage fast-moving projects while maintaining strong attention to do detail, with knowledge of the World Bank/IFC project management systems.
- The Disruptive Technology Officer reports to the Disruptive Technology Lead, Gender and Economic Inclusion, and will work closely with other members of the team, as well as counterparts in and outside the WBG.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
- The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Required Language(s): English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th November, 2021 at 11:59pm UTC.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.