Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scrum Master
Department: Indeco – Industry Ecosystem & Platforms
Job type: Permanent
- To manage software development projects in alignment with engineering process, upholding, and reinforcing agile practices in the enterprise and building self-organizing teams.
- Exhibits the behaviours of a Lean-Agile leader who leads by example; leads the change; have with a Lean-Agile Mindset and helps the team embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt, and apply SAFe Principles, implement SAFe practices
- Supports the team rules – Responsible for reinforcing Agile’s lightweight rules like the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed
- Engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity
- Supports the team in addressing and eliminating issues to improve the likelihood of achieving the objectives of the Iteration/PI
- Scrum Master escalate issues to an appropriate authority to get support in closing long standing issues or issues threatening achievement of business objectives
- Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance, and coaches the team in selfmanagement
- Helps the team resolve interpersonal conflicts and challenges, and identify opportunities for growth
- Escalates people problems to management where necessary.
- Focus on creating increments of value each iteration and achieving daily and Iteration Goals in the context of the current Program Increment (PI) Objectives
- Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions
- Facilitates the team retrospective
- Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves
- Facilitates team events, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective
- Supports the Product Owner in managing the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a relevant field preferred
- +3 years of experience as a scrum master or in a similar role
- Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as SAFe, Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th December, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.