The NSIA-LUTH Cancer Center (NLCC) is West Africa’s most renowned center dedicated solely to offering premium cancer care, research, education and prevention. Our aesthetic facility stands distinct within the walls of the prestigious Lagos University Teaching Hospital and boasts of world class, state-of-the-art equipment and facilities that deliver international standard Cancer care in a comfortable and safe environment. Our Clinical team comprises of highly skilled and experienced in-house Clinical and Radiation Oncologists, Oncology Nurses and other multidisciplinary specialists with a proven track record of excellence in clinical leadership and expertise in the field of Oncology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oncology Nurse
- Provide clinical care utilizing skills to ensure Patient-focused evidence based nursing care plans;
- Coordinate the clinical management of patient/client care.
- Delivering anti-cancer treatments to patients.
- Enhance patient flow, deliver the right care at the right time in the outpatient setting.
- Mix chemotherapy drugs according to international best practices and standards.
- Provide continuous support to the cancer patients and family members.
- Participate on oncology research.
- Provide patient assessment skills, IV cannulation and venous access device management.
- Support registered nurses that need training in the oncology field.
- Observe the clinical progress of patients, recognize and manage identified treatment side effects.
- Perform other duties as maybe assignment within the unit.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience within a hospital setting.
- S/he must be able to communicate (read and write) in English language. Ability to speak another local language will be an added benefit to the role and unit.
- An excellent team-player with good time management skills.
- Must be a registered Nurse, previous experience in oncology will be an added advantage.
- Have a good knowledge and experience in medical surgical operations and/or radiation.
- S/he must have eyes for details, must show empathy to patients assigned for treatment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 3rd May, 2021.