The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world’s largest humanitarian network and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality and unity.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Officer, Finance
Job Number: S00874
Location: West Africa Country Cluster, Abuja
Contract Type: Employee
Duration: 12 months
Grade: Not applicable
Reporting to the Finance Delegate, the Finance Officer will:
- Ensure that the IFRC’s Maximum Financial Requirements are followed up.
- Assist and support the Finance Delegate in the financial management of the Abuja Country Cluster Delegation’s activities and operations
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Support the Finance Delegate in the following duties:
- Overall accounting, financial management, internal controls and the budget management support
- Bank signatory changes – (Inclusion & Deletion)
- Balance sheet management – Staff working advances
- Balance sheet management – Prepayments and liabilities
- Treasury management
- External and Internal audits management
- Month end accountancy closure …. post to BOOKS ALL CODA documents and checks.
- Balance sheet management – Bank and cash on all operations within NG (Abuja Cluster)
Regular Tasks and Responsibilities
- Daily cash movement and petty cash operations:
- Complete cash control on a daily basis, keeps records of cash movement during the day and prepares the Daily Cash Position Report after cash office is closed, making sure that actual cash on hand is accounted and all other receipts/invoices are intact.
- Makes payment to the operation’s staffs (per diem and working advances), invoices or receipts for expenses duly approved by the person responsible
- Receive and Review of working advances return both from National Society and send feedback based on the review.
- Performing analysis for foreign exchanges from CHF to other currencies
- Payroll modification for delegates
- Support the delegation month-end closure of the financial books in close collaboration with the FD
- Maintain and ensure that all reports of income and expenditure of the IFRC and all programs at the operation’ areas are kept.
- Contribute to the timely financial reporting to the PMER and other departments and to relevant stake holders
- Online bank payments initiation and ensure good quality of supporting documentation.
- Checking CODA INTRAY Abuja Cluster WANS (working advances from NS) and WAD (staff and delegate working advances) documents.
- Ensures that all supporting documents for cash payments are complete with the necessary signatures and payments duly acknowledged.
- Reports immediately to his Supervisor all problems, discrepancies or wrong doings
- Compute and record totals of the daily transactions, to be uploaded into the accounting software
- Plans and requests daily cash needs for payments from FD
- Conduct reconciliation on Staff advances
- Book transactions into CODA INTRAY using relevant documents like OJF, FCAST, SOSC, ANY, EXPR etc
- Participate in the month end activities through adjustment journals/entries viz,
- Support in following up with the working advance returns from Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, and Togo RC
- Providing support and capacity building to NSs
- Train the Finance Team in financial rules and procedures
- Conduct financial briefing and debriefing in the absence of the FD
- Relevant University Degree in Finance, Accounting or Management
- Holder of a Certified Accounting degree with specialized training in related field is an asset
- 3 years’ + experience in leading and managing Finance as Accountant
- 3 years’ + professional experience working with local or international non- governmental organization
- Experience of working with National Societies
- Basic leadership and management skills
- Strong experience in cash management showing rigorous controlling methods
- Experience of working with Audit firm and support for Organisation’s Audit exercises
- Very good leadership skills and confirmed financial management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Language:
- Self-supporting in computers – Very good computer skills and command of standard Microsoft office tools
- Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to travel in the operation’s areas
- Fluent in written and spoken English is required
- Knowledge of any other Federation working languages (French) is preferred
- Motivated self-started personality, sense of responsibility and organization skills
- Good negotiation skills
Competencies and Values:
- National Society relations
- Communication – Teamwork
- Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity
- Results focus and accountability
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th November, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.