The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Management Assistant – U.S. Eligible Family Members
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-025R
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: FP – 0120 8
Promotion Potential: FP-8
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Telework Eligible: No
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 08. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Secret
- Appointment Type: Temporary
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not Exceed (5 years)
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances / certifications or their candidacy may end
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- The incumbent performs clerical and administrative duties as the Office Management Assistant (OMA) for the Regional Security Office (RSO) pertaining to a multitude of RSO administrative items, both classified and unclassified
- The incumbent will need to work independently and possess strong communication skills as the incumbent will be in contact with many diverse individuals on a daily basis
- Incumbent will require unescorted access to the Control Access Area (CAA) and a Secret security clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Two (2) years of administrative experience which would include some of the following types of administrative duties: filing, scanning, scheduling appointments / meetings, maintaining calendars, ordering office supplies, making travel arrangements, and receiving telephone calls is required.
- Completion of High School is required.
- This may be tested.
- English (Fluent) Speaking / Reading / Writing is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD $34,021 annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance.
- To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this Vacancy” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process.
- In order to qualify based on education, you must submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- For More Info: HR Section – 09-461-4000 ; HRNigeria@state.gov
Application Deadline 6th August, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.