Standard Bearers School (SBS) was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology driven, 21st century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self- discovery.
At SBS, we are committed to giving our students a solid foundation and an excellent start to life. Hence, we encourage and guide them to become independent, confident and responsible members of the community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursery 1 & Grade 1 Teacher
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Organizing and supervising play and work activities (for example reading, music, playtime, and circle). Developing and implementing lessons and work schemes, using the Early Years Foundation Stage as a framework.
- Coordinate with other first grade teachers to maintain consistency in curriculum.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional ideas according to school standards.
- Use different assessment methods to evaluate student progress, their academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Liaising with parents, guardians, school administrator, and phonologist. Providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning time, dancing maintaining records.
- Candidates must be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
- Candidates must possess first Degree preferably in Education and the relevant teaching subject (B.Sc. Ed/B.Ed./PGCE).
- Candidate must be committed to helping children learn effectively in a secured environment.
- Must be an enthusiastic, imaginative and energetic individual capable of gaining the full potential from each child.
- Must be computer savvy, well-groomed with the use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom and other learning platforms
- Candidate must possess jolly phonics certification.
- Teacher must have good writing and oral skills as this will be tested.
- Candidate must be able to build children’s vocabulary.
- Candidates with Masters Degrees in Education have an advantage.
- Candidates with teaching experience in an international school environment are preferred.
- Candidates must possess at least 2-5 years of cognate experience.
- Possess above average writing and oral skills with excellent interpersonal, organizational and team skills.
- Prospective candidates must be highly motivated.
- Individuals with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring pupils to love learning and excel in all subject areas.
- Must be warm towards children.
- A Disciplined and good listener.
- Responsibility, Adaptability, Patience, Resourcefulness, Creativity and a good sense of humor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 25th February, 2021