Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Engineer
Location: Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
About the job
- The ideal candidate will perform the piping, structural and mechanical discipline engineering activities in accordance with Project requirements, within time schedule and quality standards.
- Ensure a correct and timely exchange of information with all the Project interfaces.
- Interface and coordinate with the other Project Team Specialists and Designers both at site and the relevant OC.
- Coordinate technical activities performed either by insourcing or outsourcing. Implement Saipem operating guidelines in the Project.
- Provide technical support to the Site Construction team and support the TM/SE from the relevant Operating Center for all activities to be executed in the existing facility
- Provide technical support in detailed design assurances for Brownfield activities
- Take part in piping, structural and mechanical systems design review
- Prepare required specifications and philosophies to support site activities
- Prepare the technical documentation for material and services requisitions, according to internal procedures
- Optimize design, ensuring minimal cost and complexity in compliance with the contractual and safety requirements
- Support in the preparation of As Built documentation and supply specifications
- Participate in P and ID mechanization
- Check and review technical documentation according to Project and Saipem procedures
- Prepare technical documentation (e.g., specifications, data sheets) for systems equipment and materials.
- Identify technical queries, deviations, and alternatives to be submitted
- Support Systems Lead to define manhours estimation
- Review Company technical documentation and requirements
- Take part in definition of piping, structural and mechanical engineering requirements for Brownfield scope activities
- Prepare Project response to Field Technical Queries, design changes, Technical Instructions to support site activities
- Manage all piping, structural and mechanical engineering issues resulting from Site Subcontractor
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- About 7 to 10 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools and engineering technical software tools.
- Professional membership.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.