Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Deployment Specialist
Job Type: Full time
- At Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions.
- We count on our people to make it happen.
- That is why we are building a new global HR service enabled by new technology: to make sure we deliver a great experience to our people, so they can deliver a great experience to our customers.
- The HR of the Future will work across brands, geographies and cultures to support one global Maersk.
- Next to the Centres of Expertise (CoE) and the strategic HR Business Partners, the People Partnering organisation is the largest part of the new HR Organisation and the closest to our people.
- To enable our future HR service delivery model, we are establishing three People Partnering Hubs covering geographical regions: Bangalore, India, covering the Asia Pacific; Lisbon, Portugal, covering Europe & Africa; and San José, Costa Rica, covering the Americas.
- We are looking for a skilled Talent Acquisition Specialist for Nigeria to support ongoing recruitments as well as play a key role in the transition to a new HR service delivery model and global implementation of Workday, within the Europe and Africa region.
- From a Project Implementation phase, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Drive the end-to-end process review together with brand local HR and uncover gaps between current and future models.
- Design local/regional solutions to manage these in the new model and support the creation of local action plans to implement the solutions
- Facilitate knowledge transfer across different parties involved in service delivery in the current operating model, the core programme team, external implementation partner, etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise to enable effective user acceptance testing
- Support training & change management activities
From a Business continuity perspective with regards to Talent Acquisition, your main responsibilities are:
- Partner with Hiring Managers and People Partners on end-to-end recruitment, ensuring a positive Hiring Manager and candidate experience always
- Serve as the focal for all country-based Employer Branding initiatives, coordinating with all relevant stakeholders, attending various career Fairs, Trade fairs were relevant for our brand visibility and attracting the right talents
- Anchor all local Internship Programmes, liaising with the Institutions and other relevant stakeholders
- Build solid pipelines for critical roles and provide relevant market intelligence to the Talent Attraction team as well as Hiring Managers.
- Serve as a credible Sparring partner for People Partners/HR Managers regarding talent attraction & acquisition, working on proactive recruitment forecasts with Hiring Managers.
- Analyze recruiting metrics to ensure benchmarks are met or exceeded
- Identify improvement opportunities in local processes and raise them
We are looking for:
- You are passionate about matching talent to business needs and well versed in the technical tools and processes within the recruitment domain.
- You are excited about putting your deep expertise at work in the transition into new technology and processes at Maersk.
- You want to propel your career further by gaining unique project experience in an international environment and would like to play a key role in building future recruitment services and solutions.
As for the skillset and experience, we are looking for:
- Solid hands-on experience in managing end-to-end recruitment processes within a complex international organization
- Candidate-centric mindset
- Agility & Nimbleness
- Resilience: the change process, is anything but straightforward; accepting uncertainty and bouncing back from setbacks while keeping your enthusiasm is a tall order, but we need it
- Collaborative working style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to find solutions
- Fluency in English
- Structured working style and focus on delivering results as per agreed timescales and scope
- Excellent communication skills, ability to navigate complex stakeholder matrix and to foster long-term relationships with internal teams, clients and candidates.
- Exposure from a Recruitment Process Outsourcing model or an agency would be beneficial
- Recruitment experience for both office-based and non-office based (frontline workers) particularly in the sector of Terminals, transport, logistics etc. is beneficial
- Ability to effectively engage and mobilise diverse local HR stakeholders
- A proactive, ‘let’s get it done attitude geared towards continuous improvement
- Flexibility and adaptability to operate in a fast-paced, developing project environment, taking ownership and setting directions with minimal guidance
- By joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade every day all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees.
- It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its forms and we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures and locations.
- In this role, you will have 2 core goals: Preparing for the implementation of the new service delivery model in Nigeria (Go-live is Q1 2022), as well as ensuring business continuity by the timely delivery of talents to the Business through ongoing recruitment processes.
- We, therefore, expect that you are comfortable with your role changing shape and scope along the way.
- You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities by learning from, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th January, 2022.
Job Title: Contract Logistics Project Development Manager
Job Type: Full time
Category: Commercial / Sales / Business Development
- We are looking for a commercially focused and driven candidate to take up the new and exciting role of Contract Logistics Project Development Manager for Maersk in Lagos.
- He/She will be responsible for developing new contract logistics (Depot and Warehouse) products and expanding footprint to meet customer needs.
- The aim of the role is to build a business case, identify new sites, manage project implementation (greenfield or brownfield), and hand over operations to the site manager.
Responsible for Contract Logistics product development:
- Based on customer needs and commercial parameters, identify new sites/facilities to expand warehouse or container depot footprint.
- Ensure necessary licenses and permits are in place for the contract logistics development
- Manage contract logistics development including building business case, getting approval and managing project implementation.
- Manage strategic procurement and vendor relations for contract logistics.
Support Depot and WND Product Managers:
- Contribute to developing depot and warehouse product strategy.
- Ensure Area pricing process comply with Global governance.
- Contribute to the development of value proposition for new opportunities.
- Once the business case is approved, define project scope and objectives
- Manage project resources in an effective and efficient manner to meet objectives
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Track project costs, monitor progress and make adjustments as needed to meet the budget.
We are looking for
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Project Management (Warehouse/Depot – Inland Container)
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Commercial and supply chain knowledge
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Project management skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong product knowledge
- Ability to work across different cultures and thought processes
- An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterized by high pace and diversity.
- You will get to focus on creating valuable relations and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognized and well-rewarded.
- Moreover, you will expand your business network and enrich your market and product knowledge while contributing to the continued success of the Central West Africa Area.
- You will gain substantial general management, people management experience and Senior leadership exposure in this role as you will be a part of the Maersk CWA Area Leadership Team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st December, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.