Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Optimization Lead
Job Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
- Achieve and maintain a high quality level of the 3G / 2G / LTE Radio Network Services, and ensure high quality performance on all technical activities, and the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide effective technical support and continually seek for quality improvements within the Mobile Network Optimization project.
- Defines and measures the unit KPIs(Key Performance indicators)
- Follows-up the evolution of the radio system quality.
- Proposes indicators for the continuous analysis and follow-up of radio voice and data quality of service, generates proper alarms and recommends solutions when needed.
- Proposes preventive and/or corrective actions for the provisioning of acceptable QoS for voice and data services.
- Monitor & analyze the GSM, WCDMA/HSDPA Radio Network Statistics on daily basis.
- Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the contracted KPIs (Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility & Service Integrity).
- Responsible for reducing congestion and drops, improving the IRAT Handover, Soft Handover, Location Update, Paging, CSSR, RRC Connection & RAB Establishment Success rate in his designated area for all Voice, Video Packet & High Speed, issuing capacity requests whenever needed.
- Responsible for Inconsistencies Checks, Packet Throughput, Parameter changes & Physical changes.
- Responsible for testing the radio performance for the newly integrated sites.
- Investigates and recommends proper solutions for customer complaints; validates proposed solutions related to parameter modification on the radio network.
- Validates the recommended radio parameters and configuration provided by the unit.
- Proposes and verifies the implementation of optimal solutions in order to improve operational efficiency of the unit.
- Follows corrective actions based on the internal reports of coverage analysis.
- Follows-up general Radio access technology trends relating to radio optimization activities and assists the RAN Research & Studies unit in the update of Radio engineering guidelines accordingly.
- Discuss the frequency & Scrambling Code retunes requests with his team leader for his designated area.
- Responsible for the drive test analysis and taking the necessary action to improve the performance of his area.
- Participate in technical discussions with the customer in order to gather product-related information.
- Perform Radio Network Surveys, i.e. visit possible sites in order to judge if they are suitable from a radio network point of view (Hardware & Location).
- Follows-up and ensures the existence of sufficient capacity in the radio network (including on the BSC-BTS and the air interfaces).
- Researches and implements solutions for continuous service improvement in respect to parameter settings and configuration.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- Relevant University Degree in Engineering
- 10 years of experience in 2G, 3G, 4G
- Minimum of 5 years optimization & Planning experience, primarily in Optimization of 4G
- Ensures confidentiality of information
- Strong background of LTE optimization in multi-layered setup
- Good Team leading abilities and should be a motivator for the team
- Good Presentation skills should be thorough in large data handling
- Good experience on vendor handling under MS contract
- Minimum of 4 years with vendors experience or well-known operators in telecommunication or related field
- Excellent knowledge of the field of 2G/3G/4G radio communication and optimization
- Good knowledge in performance management, DB parameters and features.
- Ready to work extra hours during rush periods
- Maintains professional relationships with all departments
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.