Course Duration: Two weeks
Course Participants: Meter Installation Technicians
Distribution companies require meter installers to handle their customer metering gaps, hence this course prepares technicians for this task. The course entails the knowledge of the different type of meters, installation procedures of single and three-phase Prepayment meters maintain standards and load demand Meter Installation Technicians
Skill Aquisition Training Programme 2021 Course Objectives:
In the end, of course, the trainees shall be able to:
- Identify different type of meters
- Estimate load demand of a building/premises and make the choice of the right meter
- Install both single and three-phase meters correctly
- Describe and differentiate different types of MD meters
- Explain about smart meters
- Basic electricity/ Structure of the electricity industry in Nigeria.
- Introduction of some relevant electrical parameters.
- The importance of electricity metering.
- The Electricity meters.
- Credit metering – electromechanical/electronic
- Prepayment metering – electronic
- Smart metering – electronic
- Voltage and current capacities of meters.
- Principles of operations of prepayment meters.
- Cables and conductors.
- Load enumeration and assessment.
- Basic protective devices at power intake point.
- Installation standards.
- Safe work practices and personnel safety principles
- Installation materials and tools.
- Meter installation.
- Meter installation documentation
- Physical protection of meters
- Post-installation checks.
- Electrical measurement and calculation
- Tamper prevention
- Tamper detection and recording
- Energy conservation.
Lecture presentations with p/point, Case study, Syndicate group work, practical and site visit.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should Open here to apply for this course
For Further inquiry, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the following numbers: 08035883523
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
- • We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
- • We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- • Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- • We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- • Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- • Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- • Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters