The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) is responsible for the monitoring and regulation of Hajj and Umrah activities in Nigeria. As part of its commitment to its mission “to diligently implement the NAHCON Act”, NAHCON is dedicated to ensuring that experienced and capable personnel, fill leadership roles as they become vacant.
Consequently, the Commission is seeking a qualified, skilled and focused individual, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary
- The successful individual will statutorily, be responsible for keeping the records, conduct correspondences and serve as Secretary at all meetings of the Commission.
- These will be in addition to ensuring effective reporting of the Commission’s activities, maintenance of the register of licensed Hajj operators, facilitation of publication of the Commission’s regulations and coordination of the Commission’s standard of performance.
Applications are welcome from individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree, its equivalent or higher in Public Administration, Human Resources Management or any other related field
- A Muslim of sound mind
- Membership of relevant professional body(ies) will be an added advantage
- Experience in large scale logistics management
- Excellent understanding of modern office technology, including relevant computer software
- Not more than 55 years of age.
- Be a knowledgeable person in Islamic Studies
- Proficiency in Arabic and English as working languages
- Minimum of 20 years work experience with at least 10 years of these in top management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application consisting of a Statement of Purpose, not exceeding 300 words and accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant qualification(s) via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The submission should be in a single attachment. NAHCON is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity or physical ability.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next stage(s) of the exercise
Application Deadline 25th June, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.