Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Our mission is to build resilience corridors of strong, locally owned farmer cooperatives driving profitable livelihoods in vulnerable communities of the Northeast. Nuru Nigeria prioritizes the smallholder farmers it serves and works to cultivate lasting meaningful choices through a community led, community driven and community sustained livelihood programs across the agriculture value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job Code: NNJ.2021.06
Location: Hong / Gombi, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Career Level: Mid-Level
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, the M&E Officer will take responsibility in the monitoring and evaluation and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that NN projects maintain its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
- The M&E Officer will be assisting in the designing and implementation of the M&E activities, assisting the M&E Manager in preparing quarterly/annual reports on project progress and will monitor different project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the projects and will be responsible for the collection and analysis of different data in relation to the different project activities.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The M&E Officer will report to the M&E Manager
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the M&E Manager in executing the NN M&E strategy.
- Support in the effective design, coordination and delivery of M&E for all Nuru Nigeria’s projects.
- Contributing to the development and utilization of monitoring tools, including pre and post training tests, surveys, discussion guides etc, and ensuring that the data tools are properly used.
- Support in organizing in data collection and analysis for beneficiary and community selection.
- Scripting of survey questionnaires using industry specific software e.g. xls form
- Support in facilitating and monitoring research activities (e.g. key informant/in-depth interviews, focus group sessions, quantitative surveys, FA recruitment and registrations etc.), working to time, budget and high quality.
- Undertake administrative duties to include documentation, pre-field work logistic planning and resource acquisition. As well as findings from data quality audit and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access.
- Establish and maintain a project monitoring database system.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Respect for Nuru Nigeria identity, rules and policies.
- Travel regularly to support programs team to conduct site monitoring activities in respective implementation sites.
- Support in the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, interpretation and communication of learnings to relevant/key Project and Management teams, to aid strategic thinking and decision making.
- Support M&E Manager in preparation of data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Support the procurement of freelancers/data enumerators for M&E activities.
- Train and manage enumerators and other temporary M&E workers on use of monitoring and evaluation tools and ensure proper implementation.
- Fluency in English and Hausa languages is a must.
- Ensure the accurate and timely collection of program data from the field.
- Undertake the supervision and ensure quality control/assurance of M&E fieldwork.
- Support in the design of research sampling, research instruments (e.g. discussion guides and questionnaires) and design of presentation charts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop Nuru Nigeria programs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or related field and minimum of 3 years of directly relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in USAID-assisted project is required.
- Experience working in the Northeast of Nigeria will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with teams.
- Proven capacity to facilitate coordination among diverse range of staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent people skills at all levels, cultural sensitivity, ability to work well under pressure, negotiate diplomatically, and the ability to work well in a multicultural and multidisciplinary work environment.
- Willingness to work and travel in all project areas.
- Outstanding and effective oral communication and writing skills.
- Extensive or reach experience with monitoring program implementation using qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Experience using qualitative and statistical data analysis packages and database management systems.
- Experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing, and analysis systems.
Terms and Conditions:
- The appointment will be for a one year, renewable based on funding and performance.
Non-discriminatory employment clause:
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status,age,disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability, and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 4th June, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.