Ambassadors of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The M&E Officer(s) will support the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit in implementing the M&E strategy, as detailed in the DRC AmbassadorsM&E plan, to periodically measure and report on the project performance, results, and impacts of the project.
- The M&E Officer(s) will provide day-to-day management of monitoring & evaluation activities, working with DCR Ambassadors staff, external consultants, key stakeholders, and volunteers involved in the project reporting process.
- Manage the information-gathering process to report performance quarterly and annually.
- Document good practice, analyze trends, and cross-cutting implementation issues.
- Provide support in the oversight of data quality control and review.
- Ensure the periodic reports are made publicly available on the DCR Ambassadors web page.
- Institutionalize monitoring activities including, data collection, reports preparation, and documentation. This includes also exchanging and communicating information, results, and lessons learned, with staff and stakeholders.
- Provide any other required assistance and guidance to the M&E unit; this includes working with external evaluators in the implementation of impact evaluation missions, responding to Donor’s requests for information: data sources, data measurement methods, frequency of data collection, disaggregation, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, Social development, Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of interventions in cases of SGBV and VAWG
- Demonstrated experience working with international organizations and systems/regulations is strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation activities.
- excellent social and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and keen attention to details
- computer skills particularly, experience with one or more types of data analysis and management software (e.g., Stata, SPSS) strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English ( spoken and written), Hausa, and Kanuri
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 21st December, 2020.