Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Success Account Manager
Job Number: 1206931
Travel: 10 – 30%
Profession: Technical Support
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type Full-Time
- Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
- With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience.
- This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
- Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth.
- The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
- As a Customer Success Account Manager, you are the primary customer-facing role responsible for customer success by managing program deliveries and strong customer relationships.
- Our priority is the customers’ successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies. You are front and center with our customers supporting their digital journey and empowering them to achieve more!
Key Accountabilities include:
- Fulfill Support contract obligations by driving quality planning and delivery of Support services to realize customer business outcomes and overall experience with Microsoft solutions.
- Orchestration, customer sponsor management, and stakeholder communication of prioritized engagements and programs.
- Track, escalate and plan to remediate technical blockers and provide engineering feedback to further our product and solutions as appropriate.
- Partner with your customer and Account Team to prioritize and plan customer engagements and programs across Cloud and on-premises workloads.
- Define outcomes to improve the prioritized workloads’ health, performance, and business capabilities to drive customer value realization.
- We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together.We admire what humans dare to achieve and motivate each other every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM) to drive program management for Commercial accounts that may have Cloud, on-premise, and hybrid workload engagements running concurrently. The CSAM owns consumption and delivery execution of operative solutions and operational health as the single point of orchestration for technical delivery teams and cross-cloud project oversight.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Language Qualification: English: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
- Experience: 2 – 3 years of success in engagement management and program management is essential. Prior work experience in a Program Manager position focused on Cloud and software/services solutions preferred.
- Leadership: This role requires effective communication and collaboration skills and displays executive presence and confidence in varying levels of customer situations. The CSAM must show leadership in collaborating with multiple teams and critical stakeholders who may deliver complex customer success solutions.
- Technical: Knowledge of/Experience with Cloud and hybrid infrastructures, and migrations preferred. Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to utilize partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Technologies: Awareness of all Microsoft solutions with a focus on Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture is desirable, but a passion for technology is a requirement.
- Relationship Building: A proven history of building relationships with senior customer executives in Commercial accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get a consensus on solutions/engagements is essential.
- Program Management: The ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize activities, and determine outcomes is essential. Also, the capability to drive both customer and Microsoft activity is critical to achieving results.
- Collaboration and Communication: A proven history of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with verbal and written communication. Good presentation skills with various levels of management (Senior Executives and IT management).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Mult-National Customer
Job number: 1191997
Travel: 25 – 50 %
Profession: Business Programs & Operations
Role Type: Individual Contributor
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Africa is one of the best places on the planet to bring our mission to life. It is home to 1.3B people and 54 countries.
- The talent in Africa reflects a tremendously rich and diverse potential that can truly impact the world over the next few decades. Being the youngest continent in the world with a median age of just 19.5 years, Africa is contributing to +12M youth being added to the global labor force every year. By 2040, half of the world’s young people will live in Africa. Africa’s growth is propelled by being a mobile first continent which is fueling connectivity, innovation, and scalability.
- Our aspiration is to transform Africa to a Cloud-first, Digital-first continent enabling a thriving digital economy across Africa while reinventing Microsoft’s digital assets and capabilities to serve the young continent’s transformation needs.
With that in mind was the establishment of new team; the Africa Transformation Office (ATO), which will be established and chartered with the following:
- Build strategic, unconventional partnerships with key governments, institutions and enterprises to enable and accelerate digital economy across the African continent.
- Develop digital marketing engines to enable and accelerate Startups and SMBs.
- Plan and land infrastructure enablers and game-changers in the continent.
- Enable Africa as a Foreign Direct Investment destination supported by expanding our technologies for MNCs across key industries.
- Manage the 4Afrika initiative and further integrate it to key company programs and engines to amplify its impact.
- Foster digital skilling and job creation to maximize the economic opportunity for the African youth and workforce.
- We are excited to be hiring a Business Development Manager to focus on MNC’s within our Strategic Partnership pillar to bring this strategy to life.
- Identifies appropriate Mult-National Customers (MNCs) and other pan-African large organizations to partner with/sell to through conducting customer assessment of their current needs and defining a value proposition to meet those needs.
- Evaluates, prioritizes, and pursues market opportunities and trends across specialists that provide opportunities for partners/customers to leverage Microsoft platforms/products by identifying, quantifying, and qualifying opportunities.
- Ensures strategic deals incorporate relevant market factors (e.g., competitive, economic, industry-specific) to drive optimal results and return on investment.
- Empowers a strong customer presence through a deep customer focus and strategic development, attracting and committing customers to the journey through integration of customer feedback.
- Builds prospective pipelines and opportunities into deals. Creates a strong customer focus throughout strategic development and brings customer along for the journey. Integrates information from prior engagements and learnings to build an improved strategy.
- Contributes to the understanding of customer needs, gains internal customer alignment, and mobilizes partners to achieve the strategy.
- Contributes to evaluation of opportunities and leads account planning in cooperation with partners to identify and prioritize goals and objectives for an achievable target.
- Identifies and incorporates other internal teams (e.g., Global Accounts teams, Downstream teams, product, engineering, finance, legal, sales, marketing) and business leaders to help inform and align the strategy.
- Designs partner/customer strategic deals for a commercial strategic framework that are aligned with strategic business objectives and partner/customer current state and needs at an appropriate motion and cadence in cooperation with customers.
- Drives identification of the appropriate executive-level stakeholder within customers to connect and work with, in cooperation with Business Development and in pursuit of new business generation.
- Drives the orchestration of sales or partnership pursuits with customers/partners.
- Acts as the voice for customers/partners within internal teams and across the organization to design, implement, and plans/programs. Drives customer awareness of and builds connections with key influencers/players, as well as Microsoft’s value proposition, in order to create effective customer models and strategies.
- Begins to accomplish initiatives through influencing cross-functional (e.g., finance, engineering, legal, commercial, product, sales segments) and multi-country team members. Influences and deals with resource (e.g., cash) founding to ensure the availability of resources and appropriate resource allocation. Proactively identifies and drives cross-functional strategic and communication alignment to the customer/partner.
- Designs internal orchestrations and influences assurances, and contributes to internal feedback loops with stakeholders to align resources, plan up, and support strategic growth.
- Builds the internal strategy for orchestrating development of sales opportunities and across the organization, especially in solution sales management (e.g., cloud, data) to drive effective capabilities.
- Drives creation and management of connections between necessary stakeholders within Microsoft and customers. Builds strategic connections with customers and partners across multiple engagements with Microsoft.
- Builds trusted advisor partnerships with cross-functional leaders and managers, representing the organization to area leadership.
- Drives discussions with customers/partners to align and determine customer/partner and Microsoft needs and desired outcomes for the region.
- Negotiates with and influences existing and new customers/partners in long-term planning to form a strategically-driven deal. Identifies, engages with, acquires support from, and negotiates internally with key stakeholders (e.g., product, engineering, finance, legal, sales, marketing) to move forward with negotiations.
- Drives financial responsibility and alignment with profit and loss strategy. Contributes to driving awareness of the necessary protections, compliance, or security regulations within the market.
Closing the Deal:
- Finalizes mutually beneficial customer/partner deals by ensuring all portions of the strategy have been executed on, in participation with internal partners (e.g., Sales Team).
- Contributes to creating an action plan that spans across the end-to-end strategic landscape to ensure the deal is properly closed through the integration of reports, risk analyses, driving agreements, and assessing value in strategic deals.
- Contributes to the public relations and communications strategy of the deal. Coordinates and works with all necessary internal stakeholders in the deal (e.g., finance, engineering, legal, commercial, product, sales segments) to assure that the deal is closed successfully.
- Contributes to conversations and coordinates with Microsoft’s legal team to ensure that contracts are signed, that the deal is effectively closed, and that there is compliance between teams.
- Interprets, adds to, and applies reports to add value in generating and executing communication plans. Interprets and provides suggestions for improvements on long-term strategies and outcomes of deals across portfolios or areas of focus.
- Leads organization and alignment of stakeholders by providing financial forecasts of business, assuring it is up to date, and informing all relevant stakeholders.
- Identifies issues from area leadership teams as they occur, and offers resolution actions with escalation of issues if necessary.
- Evaluates and drives iterations and decisions based on return on investment figures, profit and loss reporting, and lesson learned sessions. Leverages reports (e.g., financial and strategic) to identify and recommend appropriate actions (e.g., correction of errors, acceleration where seeing success) based on trends and insights. Provides recommendations/requests for improvements in reporting to Microsoft to generate better insights.
- Embody our culture and values.
Required / Minimum Qualifications
- 5+ years Africa market exposure.
- 5+ years working with Multi-National organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 10+ years experience in business development, sales, consulting, or marketing
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years project leadership/management experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Law, or related field AND 8+ years experience in business development, sales, consulting, or marketing
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience working in a matrixed organization, preferably in the technology industry.
- 8+ years experience in a related business/ functional domain.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.