Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) translates to Doctors without Borders. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff – bound together by our charter. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of nearly 65,000 people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Data Entry Supervisor
Location: Gamboru / Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Place of Recruitment: Gamboru / Ngala
Work location: Gamboru / Ngala
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure completion of all activities related to medical data entry and data management into the mission database.
- Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers/operators, as well as identify their training needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected.
- Supervise, organise and plan the activity of Data Entry officers to have a reliable record of medical activity performed, as well as identify their training/technical support needs in order to provide a good service support and reliability of the data collected.
- Ensure accuracy of the medical data entered into the mission’s database on a regular basis, according to MSF protocols and carry out regular back-ups.
- Provide technical support to data entry officers/operators in project sites and give response to their training needs.
- Provide regular statistical reports for the medical team as well as informing the superior of any missing information, major changes or big differences in data.
- Ensure collation and entry of all data identified by project managers for collection (e.g. morbidity, mortality, surveillance of diseases of epidemics, nutrition, psychological and women’s health, etc) into the appropriate data management system while ensuring quality of data
- Do quality control data officers’ performance on regular basis
- Know and ensure proper use of software used for recording (i.e. Fuchia, Epi Info, etc.).
- Essential proven computer literacy
- Secondary Education or qualifications either in Administration, Data entry or in Statistics. Degree in Information and Technology (IT) desirable.
- Mission working language and local languages essential.
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
- Candidate applying must have a valid National Identity card issued by NIMC & a BV number.
- Essential working experience of at least one year with MSF.
- Desirable knowledge on medical statistics data bases.
- Essential knowledge of use of computer including processing of documents (Word, Excel).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer / s for reference
Application Deadline 30th September, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.