Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Bornosince 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in Wash, FSL and Shelter sector in Borno region.
Applications re invited for the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Team Leader
Mission / Objectives
- The MEAL TL is the focal point for collecting and documentation monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning information at the base level. He/she supports the programme teams through monitoring, data collection, data processing, mapping, and information analysis.
- S/he will coordinate with PMs and FCs to highlight the key issues related to program quality and relevancy captured through MEAL mechanism (either through field monitoring or studies), their course correction and recommendations for future improvement. S/he will support MEAL Coordination in organizing MEAL capacity building events for both MEAL and program staff.
List of Tasks and Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure Field Monitoring Reports (FMRs) are generated for covered all projects and FMRs shared weekly;
- Centralize / follow-up creation and update of monitoring plans;
- Propose cross-cutting monitoring activities to improve the quality of the response;
- Ensure MEAL team weekly planning and follow up;
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her manager;
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions;
- Contribute to the revision of monitoring and evaluation tools and train program teams on design and proper use;
- Participate in data analysis and writing of monitoring and evaluation reports;
- Participate in the follow-up of recommendations;
- Participate in the revision of monthly APU.
Data Management and Mapping:
- Centralize and organize all data on the program;
- Support program team regarding the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires and other data collection tools;
- Provide methodological support to the programme teams to ensure timely and high-quality data entry and processing;
- Provide project related figures, and monitoring follow up as requested by coordination;
- Maintain a library of maps produced by SI as well as other stakeholders.
Institutional Knowledge Building:
- Follow up on the Internal Knowledge Building plan and provide data for IKB documents (activity forms etc.).
Human Resources Management:
- Participate in validating recruitment of his/her team;
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility;
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her line manager and the administrative service;
- Enforce safety procedures.
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team.
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly;
- Evaluate the performances of his/her team members;
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- S/he will make sure that monthly MEAL trackers and Feedback and Complaint Response Mechanism (FCRM) database are updated and shared with MEAL Coordination;
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report to his/her project manager;
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack;
- Support the coordination and program team in the preparation of visual supports needed for presentation materials;
- Participate to reinforce understanding of SI fields of action, principles and modus operandi by the program teams and populations;
- Ensure that tools and files are properly archived and secured;
- Participate in learning workshops.
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields;
- Represent SI when asked to do so;
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams;
Organizational Chart Position:
- Line manager: Field Coordinator
- Line report(s): n/a
- Functional manager: Mission MEAL Coordinator
- Functional report(s): n/a
- Studies: University degree in a Humanitarian, Development or any other relevant field;
- Experience: 3 years of practical experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) with local or INGOs;
- Languages: Good spoken and written command of English and Knowledge of Hausa, Shuwa, Kanuri languages;
- IT: Competency in Excel (data input, basic analysis) and Kobo Toolbox.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please send your application with a resume, cover letter
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 11th January, 2021.