Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mathematics Teacher
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Mathematics Teacher will plan, prepare and deliver instructions in mathematics in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy for Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know in every day life in relation to mathematics.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B.Ed / B.A (Mathematics) or its equivalent is required. Any higher degree or qualification, especially in the field of mathematics is an advantage.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role. Any other experience relating to mathematics is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, good command of English Language, good understanding of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, proficiency in use of office suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae (in Microsoft Word) and scanned Credentials to the “Human Resource Manager” via: email@example.com and CC the “Principal” via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies of the above-mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College (JMC),
Elipokwoudu Road, Mbodo, Aluu,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 31st December, 2020.