Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Executive
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive with strong logistics and services background, looking to embark on an exciting career with us in Nigeria.
- As Sales Executive you will be responsible for the commercial and financial development of a portfolio of clients focusing on supply chain solutions and partnership to achieve long term success.
You will be expected to:
- Build a strong, profitable and value-based sales approach, with a proactive and customer-centric mindset;
- Drive effective sales initiatives resulting in revenue creation for both ocean and landside activities, contributing to top line growth.
- Manage the entire portfolio of Customers and sales activities to maximize revenues and profitability.
- Exponentially grow Logistics services: IHI, CHB, depot, warehousing; growing Net Revenue and Gross Profit by unleashing strong products with supporting value proposition that integrates and simplifies the logistics business for our customers both on import and export fronts.
- Leverage understanding of the local business environment to support sales and marketing strategy development.
- Make sure Salesforce.com is updated correctly and on time with all the required and relevant information.
- Keep abreast of market developments and communicate relevant information to the sales manager.
- Proactively assist finance and customer service in settling unpaid invoices and long-standing containers, respectively.
- Strategic in locating customer logistics solutions through engagement that identifies, acknowledges, and works with Customers pain points.
- Monitor and report on critical KPIs.
- A values driven individual with a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years sales experience within the logistics and services industry.
- Consultative sales experience in logistics demonstrating customer-centric mindset in direct customer engagements.
- Self-starter, self-motivator, comfortable with high level of autonomy, while also a team player.
- Good command in English, both in written and oral communications. Knowledge of local language Igbo is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Personal Integrity and adherence to company’s values.
- Excellent understanding of logistics solutions and operations covering all modes of international transportation, warehousing and distribution, e-commerce.
- Proficient in stakeholder management with proven capability to build strong networks and influence decision makers in a matrix organization structure.
- We offer you an exciting international career opportunity at Maersk with exposure to a challenging business environment, characterized by high pace, diversity and with competitive benefits.
- In this position, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in Commercial activities with enhanced exposure to Maersk end to end logistics products and value proposition.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 22nd April, 2021.