Ambassadors of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M & E Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The M&E Assistant will work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the DCR Ambassadors Borno M&E commitments, improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes. The position will support measurement in the Field Office.
- The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of projects.
- The M&E Assistant will assist the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in the discharge of his/her duties, while he/she reports to the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, they both report to the Program Coordinator.
- The M&E Assistant will work hand in hand with the M&E Officer and PM and management team to provide oversight to program implementation including strategic, programmatic, and technical.
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning.
- With support from the M&E Officer, participate capacity building and mentorship activities for field staff in data collection and cleaning
- Keep the M&E database up to date and help program staff prepare periodic high quality reports
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning
- Foster good relationships and team spirit with program and operations staff in the field
- Ensure proper filing of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets among others
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified
- Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M&E activities conducted in the field
- Perform any other M&E tasks assigned by the M&E Officer or his/her supervisor
Qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Information Technology, Development Studies, Statistics or a related discipline with 1-2 years’ experience in M&E.
- Considerable experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods
Specific skills for the post:
- Competences in using computer packages including Word and Excel
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively
- Good interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable security environment.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent skills in report writing and meeting date lines.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts
- Ability to work under pressure/cope with tight deadlines
- Be innovative and open to learning new approaches to M&E
- Promote a high performance environment in the field
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), Hausa and Kanuri
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 21st December, 2020.