International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Safety Specialist
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Job Type: Full-time
- Opportunity exists for a highly skilled Logistics Safety Specialist. The primary function of this position is to oversee and provide comprehensive and professional safety management service, in order to ensure that the Company operates in a lawful and ethical manner, abides to the Health and Safety legislation, Road Safety legislation, Governance Codes (Combined Code) of practice pertaining to Safety Management (Including ABInBev Safety Policy and Standards) and Corporate Governance. The ultimate objective is the protection of stakeholder interests through the mitigation of all safety risks at the source of loss across the broad spectrum of the ABInBev operations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure compliance with the national/local road traffic legislation as well as health and safety legislation
- To drive the DPO (Distribution Planning Optimization) / VPO (Voyager Plant Optimization) safety pillar roll out through the effective implementation a ramp up plan; documented procedures and processes that are compliant to the local legislations; Zone and Global Standards and Procedures
- Document Safety requirements into operational procedures and train all stakeholders, including contractors
- Develop Safety One Point Lessons where appropriate and train all stakeholders, including contractors
- Develop and implement processes for the monitoring of adherence to documented safety procedures and OPLs
- Facilitation of the development of strategies to close gaps identified, and to monitor the closing of gaps
- Monitoring of effectiveness of strategies implemented to close gaps
- Lead; Advice and Facilitate the implementation of the process of Hazards Identification, Risk Assessment, Risk Mitigation/Control and Risk Review by Logistics Management. These processes must extend to operations/activities in trade
- Implement effective processes to ensure that all stakeholders ( Employees, Contractors, including Spot Hire Contractors, visitors etc.) are inducted and are fully conversant with the Hazards and Risk the AB-InBev operation exposes them to and the controls thereto
- Periodic Reporting on the Logistics Safety performance to the business (Local and Zone) and planned actions to achieve performance indicators
- Accountable to providing sustainable safety support to the Logistics department for T1 and T2 Transportation operations
- Facilitation on Training on the requirements of DPO/VPO Safety Pillar requirements for the Logistics Management and Operational teams
- Providing support to management for the monitoring and measuring of safety performance using the appropriate DO/VPO Management Tools
- Facilitating the development of strategies for the continuous improvement of the overall safety performance
- The Logistics Department operations run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as well as beyond the perimeter of the site location, as such, the support provided by this role is of such a nature that it entails collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including law and order authorities; contractors; etc.
- Execution of thorough monthly Safety Pillar Self-Assessment against DPO/VPO Safety Pillar requirements
Ensure integrity and quality of information:
- To monitor and identify those Safety Management aspects as defined in Corporate Governance and Ethics and those serious exposures which need to be reported to the Audit Committee / Board in terms of sound corporate governance are elevated through management as applicable
- To ensure that reported statistics are accurate and a true reflection of the operation taking into account the disclosure in the Corporate Annual report in triple bottom line results
- Incident /accident ; near miss; hazards ; unsafe acts/condition reported in the AB-InBev incident management database , effective root cause analysis conducted, corrective actions allocated and monitored for close out
- Data lends itself for analysis and decision making
- Support Logistics operations by providing guidance during the risk assessment review sessions
- Maintain a close link with both T1 and T2 operations
- Collate and Load other corporate governance reports
- Ad Hoc support & assistance Logistics ops
- Assist with IR processes as and when they arise
- Facilitate, working closely with the Depot Manager, accident and incident investigations and ensure timeous close out
- Min. of B.Sc./ B.Tech. / HND in a related field – Safety Management
- 3 – 5 years post qualification experience
- NEBOSH International Diploma / Safety Management Diploma/Degree
- Min 3 Years’ experience in Safety Management
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Computer Literate
- Application of MS Office
- Dependable: Consistently following through
- Positive attitude: Creating a good environment
- Self-motivated: Working effectively with little direction
- Team-oriented: Making the most out of collaboration
- Strong and assertive
- Compliance driven
- Strong work ethic: Setting and achieving goals
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
- The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted and specify the plant where the role you are applying for seats.
- International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.