Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer – Jumia
Job type: Full Time
- As Legal Officer, you will be responsible for providing high quality legal advice to local Management on a full range of legal and challenging operational issues, in accordance with the following principles: instil and foster a culture of legal compliance, advocate for Ethics & Compliance across all levels within the region, build relationships with external legal advisors within the region.
- Drafting and reviewing various Agreements such as Tenancy Agreements, Partnership Agreements, Supplier Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Data Privacy Agreements etc.
- Preparing Company Secretarial documents on behalf of the company.
- Responsible for providing resolutions to JUMIA related consumer complaints from the Consumers, Law Firms, Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Council (FCCPC) and the Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency (LASCOPA).
- Attending external meetings with various agencies such as the Nigeria Police, FCCPC, LASCOPA and NAFDAC on behalf of company.
- Responsible for managing and keeping track of all company insurance claims and policy renewals.
- Liaising with external legal counsels engaged to carry out assignments on behalf of the company and its affiliates.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and ensuring regulatory documents / certificates are up to date.
- Monitoring the new developments in the legal environment in order to advise the company on impact and compliance.
- Responsible for preparing legal correspondences on behalf of the company.
- Drafting police petitions and responses to the Nigerian Police and the EFCC investigation requests.
- Organising and maintaining Legal Document Repository and Archive.
- Such other legal tasks as relevant to the role.
- Law Degree, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in law firm or multinational organizations (private sector or NGO).
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with laws dealing with commercial / contract administration and labor laws.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory law.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomatic skills.
- Excellent command of English, French is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Anglophone legal systems within Africa and some experience with either Francophone or Lusophone county legal systems.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.